Passenger side windows (Front and Back) Issues
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Passenger side windows (Front and Back) Issues within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi all, been awhile since I have been on here thanks to grad school, but I have some problems with ...

Passenger side windows (Front and Back) Issues

Hi all, been awhile since I have been on here thanks to grad school, but I have some problems with my passenger side windows,both the front and the back. This dates back for a while so I really cant put a specific event that may have caused problems, but if I had to pin point it it was when I installed my Sirius radio and I had to remove the door panels.

So pretty much, I can lower the windows perfectly fine. Now to get them up, I have to fidget around with the button. The front passenger window comes up a lot easier, and what I usually do is leave it a little bit raised so taht when I do want to raise it, I lower it and quickly raise and it usually comes up fine. The rear window takes more fidgeting.

If I were to put the windows down from their perspective sites, they go up and down fine so I know the issue is on the driver's controls, the only thign I don't know is where exactly to pinpoint it. Does each have an individual switch, or are there some wires along the path that may have become loose at some point?

I took it to the dealership today, and besides being treated rude, they told me I would have to order a part yada yada yada so I figured I would do it myself with the proper instruction.

Thanks (sorry for the lengthy rant, but just wanted to make the situation as clear as possible)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

bueller???

Probably have some frayed wiring. Check the wires that go from the driver's side door through the door jamb. Might be as easy as just taping em up with electrical tape, or replacing the wiring.
    2007 OBP WRX TR
    Modless till summer

ah ok, i'll check that out and let you know. Thanks

Seems like you've already figured out the problem based on your troubleshooting. If the switches on the passenger doors operate them fine, then the problem must be somewhere between the switch in the driver's door and where it connects into the wiring harness on the passenger side. It could be the switch itself, or cut/frayed wire(s).
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

...I still haven't gotten to this and its a lot worse now! Damn grad school...!

If its the switch though, are there individual switches for each of the windows, or is it one switch that controls all? Because if its one that controls all wouldn't all the windows be malfunctioning (controlled from the driver's seat?)

If its the wires then, were along would I have to look? Specifically, which way do the wires run from the driver's panel?

Quote Originally Posted by Bounce View Post
    Could be a couple of things.

1. You installed something and pulled loose a conntector in the process. Dig back in and trace the wires to verify the connectors are tight.

2. Age/local weather can cause the pins in the connectors to corrode. My side view mirrors on my 96 truck took a lot of effort to move. I pulled the control switch, cleaned it with contact cleaner, packed it with dieletric grease and it was good for another year. Eventually I replaced the switch (a pop out/in module) and all was good.

Thanks, Ill check that next week. Especially your first suggestion since I did have to pull the door panels for an install like I mentioned earlier. Thanks again.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.