>>Tranny Fluid Info and Experimenting Thread<< (Amsoil, Redline, USC, etc.) - Page 11
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on >>Tranny Fluid Info and Experimenting Thread<< (Amsoil, Redline, USC, etc.) within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; so, jeremy.. I decided not to read through countless pages of this thread.. should I go to scottys mix, or ...

I Support ClubWRX
    so, jeremy.. I decided not to read through countless pages of this thread.. should I go to scottys mix, or something else. I'ma be doing this tomorrow or sunday..
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    so, jeremy.. I decided not to read through countless pages of this thread.. should I go to scottys mix, or something else. I'ma be doing this tomorrow or sunday..
    Try the mix in the mods link in me sig.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    it doesn't appear that there's anyone 'local' that sells Redline fluids..

booo
    Rogan o_0

I'm also going to be doing this in the next couple days and was a little confused by the difference between the lightweight and heavy shockproof/if it would be appropriate for my 5MT. I live in PA it can get pretty cold and pretty hot...

Thanks for the help Jeremy.
    ~Stan
    '04 WRB WRX Wagon (Build) - Hard Parked, AutoX Toy
    '08 WRX ~ Daily Beaten ~ '86 BMW 325es ~ "The Chump"

"I was raised knowing there is a replacement for displacement, it's called engineering."

No subie should ever run heavyweight shockproof...always lightweight. Heavyweight is like the consistency of cold margarine...

I live in PA and I used lightweight shockproof and it made a big difference.... I would go with Extra S if I had people to split it with or maybe just use it myself...

Quote Originally Posted by Timdog1650 View Post
    No subie should ever run heavyweight shockproof...always lightweight. Heavyweight is like the consistency of cold margarine...
    Thanks Tim.
    ~Stan
    '04 WRB WRX Wagon (Build) - Hard Parked, AutoX Toy
    '08 WRX ~ Daily Beaten ~ '86 BMW 325es ~ "The Chump"

"I was raised knowing there is a replacement for displacement, it's called engineering."

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Timdog1650 View Post
    ^^^ Exactly. LW shockproof only.

I still am really happy with the Amsoil SVG and Shockproof mix. Very nice smooth shifting, nice and quiet. Better IMO then Uncle Scottys mix, but I blame that on the "Syncromesh" fluid. Its not compatible with the other two and doesn't belong.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I Support ClubWRX
    rear diff like any 'mix', or a standard fluid?
    Rogan o_0

I Support ClubWRX
    rear diff like any 'mix', or a standard fluid?
    no "mix" needs be done in the rear diff, but the R180 requires a special "dealer sold" Subaru diff fluid in a tin 1L can. The r160 you can use pretty much anything in. I have LW Shockproof in my rear diff right now, which seems to be working fine. That little R160 gets such a workout and holds soo little fluid I'd throw synthetic in it though. It only holds ~.8L and at 15k miles my fluid was black, burnt and stinky both times. I can't imagine what its like in cars that are over 60k miles with no rear fluid change.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    no "mix" needs be done in the rear diff, but the R180 requires a special "dealer sold" Subaru diff fluid in a tin 1L can. The r160 you can use pretty much anything in. I have LW Shockproof in my rear diff right now, which seems to be working fine. That little R160 gets such a workout and holds soo little fluid I'd throw synthetic in it though. It only holds ~.8L and at 15k miles my fluid was black, burnt and stinky both times. I can't imagine what its like in cars that are over 60k miles with no rear fluid change.
    Would you recommend an aftermarket rear diff cover then to increase capacity?
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavia View Post
    Would you recommend an aftermarket rear diff cover then to increase capacity?
    More fluid is a good idea, however the cost of the diff cover can often be the same price as a replacement rear end. The Perrin Piece is $250. If you install you are out the price of fluid and maybe a gasket, but if someone else installs you'll be out around another $150 for labor plus fluid and parts.

Something to think about.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    do the aftermarket ones increase capacity or are the just designed w/ fins and the like to aid in cooling?
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

whats a straight forward good tranny fluid??

DUB
    Quote Originally Posted by xmikex View Post
    whats a straight forward good tranny fluid??
    That's what the 163 posts before yours are all about.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.