car whistles when making left turns
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on car whistles when making left turns within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi , recently I just notice a whistle noise when making a left turn, when turn right no noise was ...

car whistles when making left turns

Hi , recently I just notice a whistle noise when making a left turn, when turn right no noise was made.
    I'm not sure what was that all about.
    Oh yeah..and along with that whistle noise was also a noise like my brake pads are worned out , didn't have time to remove all my wheels to have a clear look , but at a quick glance the rotors are fine , no trace of scratch ect.
    I have a friend stood in the center while I rotate around him to hear where the noise coming from, he was confuse and said that seems like coming from the center while my wife siad it was coming from the back.

So any people experiance this before or know what the issue is , educate me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wheel bearing (most likely).
    2007 OBP WRX TR
    Modless till summer

I'm having the same problem with my 2005 WRX. Well, almost. My car makes a LOUD noise that seems to come from the front right wheel (it sounds like worn brake pads. And yes, I changed them three days ago and the noise is still there). When I first use the car in the morning, the car starts making the noise when I reach 15 mph, and only stops when I stop the car on a stoplight, etc. Then, after some time driving, the noise stops while driving on straight line and it's only audible as I make a left turn. But if I drive the car for a long period, the noise eventually stops.

I first noticed it while making left turns, but now the car is almost always making the noise.

The folks at my local dealer (and local means about 45 miles away) have not been able to help me since when arrive at the dealer the noise has stopped already.

Please help me... I don't want to change parts at random until I finally find the source of the problem!!!
    Last edited by bandit79jun; 03-13-2008 at 04:15 PM.

Hi bandit79jun,
    did you any chance hit a curb , pot hole ect , before all this problem starts?.

As for me , I told them the situation , they(dealer) point out that my brakes are going out. I personally change it myself , findout the pad was worned . after the change the noise was gone.
    problem solve.

try a local repair shop.
    I use to own a honda prelude , my igniter fried, i have no idea wat was wrong with it , bring it to the honda(dealer) guys to run diagnostic on it,
    they couldn't figer out either.So I bring my car to a local shop. They called me the next day tell me i need a new igniter. Problem solved but like any crooked mechanic they ****ed up my disturbutor seal , oil leak into my distributor , i ended up getting a new one for $200.

my point is bring your car to other shop , they might be able to tell you.
    Just don't let them do it.

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Quote Originally Posted by SonicWagon View Post
    SOOOO retarded...

to the OP: pull off the wheel and check the brake pads as others said. It may be the wear indicator just starting to make contact cause ure pads are almost done. Ive had a couple cars do that, and it always starts as squeeking only when turning.. them a month or so later it will become constant

Solved the problem. I've already replaced the pads, and the problem persisted. I can't recall if I hit a porthole, but I seriously doubt it. The problem was that one of the wheel bearing retainers came loose (I don't know how it happened) and was causing the screeching noise. Did not even have to change the retainer. Just put it back into place.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.