>>>>The I smell raw gas from my WRX and its cold outside Thread (TSB inside)<<<< - Page 4
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

This is a discussion on >>>>The I smell raw gas from my WRX and its cold outside Thread (TSB inside)<<<< within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Destros Yeah. I've got the gold, extended an additional 48k from when I bought the car. I've ...

Quote Originally Posted by Destros View Post
    Yeah. I've got the gold, extended an additional 48k from when I bought the car. I've voided the crap out of it by now though. I'm only keeping it for it I ever need a motor or tranny. Then I'll put my stock crap back in. All I can at least... Or I might just cancel it. I haven't made up my mind yet. Since I don't trust anyone to work on my car other than myself, it's rather difficult to give it to those who could care less about my baby. Ha Ha I'll put the Valet flash on it. No boost and rev set to three grand. Anyways, it would be cool if the repair is covered. Fuel system should be. If "fuel system components" (i.e. lines, rails, hoses, injectors, pump, regulator) are covered in you plan, it shouldn't matter what part number it is. They are covered components. They could just be trying to pull a reason out of their a$$ to not have to pull off your intake for free. No place has money to spare right now. But, I don't know... Get one of their warranty brochures. It should explain everything covered on both plans. If it's not covered, it's not a difficult repair, just tedious as sh*t. Like a USA Olympic gymnastics coach once said incessantly, " you can do it!"

Yeah well they called me this morning and said it was covered under gold but not classic. They would have had to order parts etc so I said not to do it right now. I will look into exactly the wording of the warranty or DIY. I did managed to talk him into 10% off the 60k service which was really nice, but at least right now, they won't cover the fuel smell TSB for me with the classic. I will have to investigate. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Right on. Post here or PM me if you have any questions.
    -created in the ominous shadow of The Great Vassar-
    Blobeye Syndicate #Eleventy-Seven

My car has had the gas smell every winter for 3 years. I never fixed it (i like the smell of gas )

I live in Miami now so I don't even worry about it!
    - 2002 silver WRX (stock)
    - 1999 Honda CBR F4 (Leo Vinci High-mount exhaust, carbon fiber blinkers and other lil crap...)

+11

Quote Originally Posted by BugeyeSpode02 View Post
    Yeah im getting a P0301 and that is it. and my gas mileage is hurting too but its weird i have had my car for a year and all last winter this didn't happen..
    Im not sure if you have tried this already but swap your coils between the 1st and 3rd cylinder then reset your codes and run it. Eventually it should throw codes again and possibly the code will move to 3rd cylinder. The coils on WRXs can be problematic. I spent a long time trying to figure out why i was throwing codes and i finally figured out it was the coil. Hope maybe this will help.

Not a bad idea. One thing I noticed, though. I don't know if it matters. All but one of the coils have the same number. I shall assume the odd one out is coil number one? Perhaps that coil is to remain in cylinder number one? I never had to move coils around. If I see that code I'll throw plugs in.

my 02 is definetly smelling like gas to. hopefully my tune will fix the problem. i did print off the tsb just in case the tune doesnt fix it then i know the next place to look.
    eric

bugeye mafia #207

I have an 02 and on the way to Colorado, I live in Arizona I noticed the smell and took it to a shop along the way and got some fuel hoses replaced. But there was enough fuel for it to pool up. But anyway, It was fine the rest of the trip... now that I'm back in Arizona it has started again... I can hear it when I turn the key and the fuel pump primes... can anyone else hear it? Its coming from the passenger side, almost where the injector is... but I can't see it. Its a strong smell at all temps too. Any clue?

Have you read all of this thread? If not, read it. My pump is quite loud. You should be able to hear your pump KOEN. Did you have the hoses under the inlet pipe replaced? If you didn't it's probably that. If you did, your shop may not have tightened the clamps enough or used the wrong type of hose. If you think your injector seals are leaking, get some brake clean and spray off your injectors. Check back in a week and look for residue around the seals.
    Last edited by Destros; 03-09-2009 at 01:54 PM.

My 02 rex did the same thing, and came to find out that its a problem with the length of the origional fuel lines, i added about 1/4 inch and fixed the problem, but yeah, i could smell it very strongly when it happened to me

I used hoses the same length as the original. Works perfectly. I did however use stronger hose.

Flirty User That's Younger Than the Chunks of Corn in Brian's Crap

So I went to my dealership today and see what it will cost me to fix it and they quoted $4500!!!!
    2002 WRX Yellow Blaze

Bugeye Mafia #216

High Mileage Club

question

Hi

I am planning to buy a 02wrx with 100k miles this summer. How can I tell if the if there is a problem with the fuel rail leaking? Thanks

Brake clean the area where you think there is a leak. Get some tracer dye for fuel/oil. Drive some and UV light it.

Gas fuel smell started today in my 02... it was about 18 degrees outside this morning. Going to see what I can get the dealer to do, as there are a couple recalls I haven't pursued yet as well!