>>>>The I smell raw gas from my WRX and its cold outside Thread (TSB inside)<<<< - Page 10
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

This is a discussion on >>>>The I smell raw gas from my WRX and its cold outside Thread (TSB inside)<<<< within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i have this issue on my recently acquired 02 wagon. i called today and asked to have the issue repaired, ...

i have this issue on my recently acquired 02 wagon. i called today and asked to have the issue repaired, the dealer told me the warranty extension ended in september 2013 and it would no longer be covered.

i will be calling SOA later this week to light a fire.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i have this issue on my recently acquired 02 wagon. i called today and asked to have the issue repaired, the dealer told me the warranty extension ended in september 2013 and it would no longer be covered.

i will be calling SOA later this week to light a fire.

That's bull crap. I just got my '02 WRX wagon back on Monday from my local Subaru Dealership for doing this fix finally. They had confirmed a week earlier that they were given the go ahead to fix my car from the higher-ups from Subaru. I would fight this until they pay for the fix themselves!

thanks, Jord... that's good news. i'll definitely be calling them to discuss tomorrow.

Good. Fight for it. I've heard its a pain in the behind to do yourself, plus why pay for something that should have been fixed by them anyways? Good luck. If anything try the it's a hazard/potential lawsuit if something bad happened and that they need to contact there higher-ups and get the okay to do it... (since they will be reimbursed by Corporate Subaru and won't be a loss for them.) Hope this helps and motivates GL

Just had this happen - fuel puddle on top of passenger side lower manifold. Called Subaru dealership in FL panhandle after seeing this thread. Took the service manager awhile to pull up some info, but apparently the ext warranty for this issue runs out at the end of this month. So they are ordering the kit and will have me taken care of free of charge. FYI!!
    02 WRX - XS Power header/UP/TBE, XS Power FMIC, MBC@15psi, Ported TD04L, Perrin shortram, Alum Radiator - 13.35@101
    05 Mini Cooper S - Bone stock
    95 Mustang GT conv. (Work In Progress) - BBK LT headers & h-pipe, dumped Flowmasters, Kirban AFPR, BBK subframe braces, 6-point rollcage, FMS springs, 70/30 struts, 50/50 shocks, K&N intake

weird. speaking with SOA, they advised the same as my lccal dealer did... the extension expired in september of 2013. I'm wondering if the variance in extension is dependent on geographical location and the weather patterns there.

FYI - car is at the dealer now having the hatch stay recall performed, i asked them to inspect the vehicle for potential 'cold weather fuel smell' recall and they just advised that the recall does need to be performed. my local dealer is in talks with SOA and they will hopefully agree to cover the repair without me having to get all chuck norris on em.

will keep y'all posted!

I called SOA because I'm having this issue. They told me it's under an extended warranty till the end of July 2014. I made an appointment to my local Subaru dealer so I hope they honor it. Any idea of what to do if not?

Sent from HTC One via Tapatalk

just got back from the dealership, they have verified that the cold weather fuel smell issue is due to the recalled fuel lines. SOA has agreed to cover it 'outside of the warranty extension' and the dealership is waiting to hear back from SOA regarding the rubber hoses and lines that must be replaced along with the fuel components.

just an update, i'll let y'all know what they say about the hoses. the total cost, if SOA doesn't cover em, is $125.

Anyone else find it interesting that nobody at SOA or dealerships are on the same sheet of music as to what the warranty extension termination date is? I would think ultimately this 'extension' should never expire to due the extreme hazard associated/legal ramification for SOA for not just issuing a recall.
    02 WRX - XS Power header/UP/TBE, XS Power FMIC, MBC@15psi, Ported TD04L, Perrin shortram, Alum Radiator - 13.35@101
    05 Mini Cooper S - Bone stock
    95 Mustang GT conv. (Work In Progress) - BBK LT headers & h-pipe, dumped Flowmasters, Kirban AFPR, BBK subframe braces, 6-point rollcage, FMS springs, 70/30 struts, 50/50 shocks, K&N intake

Has anyone here got an 04 fixed under warranty? I am selling my car soon and would like to get rid of any issues to make the sale as smooth as possible. I usually only smell it a few times during the winter but this week has been pretty cold in Mass.

hey guys, Ive been following this thread religiously for the past few weeks after i found this problem in my 04 WRX, 2.0l. Got in touch with SOA and told them about the issue, they advised me to take it to a dealer and have it checked. Did that monday morning. They noted the fuel leak along with another minor oil leak from the power steering(nothing to do with this). Upon them calling SOA back they will not cover any of it! Due to no recalls being issued for the car. I tried to politely explain the hazards this brings into my subaru loving life. They acted like robots from then on....no no no no. Conversation ended with me telling them I would be in touch when my car is in flames on the side of the road and hopefully then they can be of some assistance with the fuel leak issue. DDDAAAAAMMNNN!!! so...thus far zero luck getting SOA to cover this. The battle rages on...

Bought my car last week from boston. Noticed the fuel smell yesterday and this morning. Been cold in VA. Called SOA. Rep said to take it to the dealer, and have them inspect it. And if it is indeed that same issue, she'll help me out. But she told me that the extended warrenty expired this past summer, but is still going to work with me.