Service ramps for '08 wrx?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Service ramps for '08 wrx? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi all, I am looking to do my first oil change on my 08 WRX and my current ramps donít ...

Service ramps for '08 wrx?

Hi all,

I am looking to do my first oil change on my 08 WRX and my current ramps donít fit, the stock body kit hangs too low in front of the front wheels to drive up these ramps. Does anyone know of any good low profile ramps that will work with a '08 wrx premium?

TIA

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Not sure but try putting some 2 by 4's under the tires then use those to drive onto the ramps

I use the Blitz low profile ramps and they just fit with a slightly lowered WRX. I would try the 2x4 with your ramps, or if you can get a jack under the crossmember, raise it and put your ramps under the tires (or jackstands).

If you can fit, just run the fronts on the 2x4 and you could change the oil from there.

I feel your pain. I once used my wife's cutting board to get an extra inch with my jack...
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Just was reading a magazine and thought of this thread when I saw this pic of an STI up on ramps here is a website that might help http://raceramps.com/

Thanks all for the suggestions, I will give the blitz a look over and the burte industries. I had considered the 2x4s, but didnt want to deal with trying to come back down my ramps onto the 2x4s and risk them slipping out.

As far as the jack, I have a failry low profile hydorlic jack, does anyone know where the jack points are on the '08s?

Jack points on 08 WRX?

Quote Originally Posted by Amnizu View Post
    Thanks all for the suggestions, I will give the blitz a look over and the burte industries. I had considered the 2x4s, but didnt want to deal with trying to come back down my ramps onto the 2x4s and risk them slipping out.

As far as the jack, I have a failry low profile hydorlic jack, does anyone know where the jack points are on the '08s?
    Anyone jacked up their 2008 and used jack stands? I'd like to know what points you used. Thanks.

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    my lowered wagon no longer fits the Blitz ramps- two short 2x4's in front of the tire fix that

the race ramps are nice, but look at the price

if I'm going up on jack stands- I use these "mini" ramps so the floor jack clears- not really high enough to change your oil (unless your skinny )

http://www.discountramps.com/plastic_car_ramps.htm
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

Quote Originally Posted by ctank77 View Post
    Anyone jacked up their 2008 and used jack stands? I'd like to know what points you used. Thanks.
    The owners manual should list the points for an '08. On an '07, the jack stand points are just behind the front tires and just in front of the rear ones (there's a lip that runs the length of the under side just beyond the side molding).

Jack points are the steel crossmember behind the oil pan and the rear diff. I always use a piece of wood between the jack and the car to avoid damage and give a couple inches of extra lift.

I avoid jacking the car up on just one corner. I've heard of people twisting unibody frames doing this. Maybe an urban legend, but I always jack up an entire side to be safe (front, back, or all of one side)

I would really like to get a V-lip spoiler for the front to control high speed instability (my car drifts occasionally on windy days at highway speed).

My biggest concern though is clearance. Even if I get the race ramps or use 2x4's, what happens if I ever have to take it in for, say, an alignment? 19 yr-old service tech scraps it along the lift is my best guess...
    Last edited by Pavia; 03-24-2008 at 07:01 AM.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I'm lowered ~ 30mm f/r the two different alignment racks I use have posed no problems- that's w/ no lip, lip would definitely add to the difficulty- 2x4 could be used if need be on the alignment rack- I'm fortunate both places I use I'm there the entire time (they have me drive on/off the rack) and help turn wrenches
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.