Possible Blown Engine: Need Urgent Help
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on Possible Blown Engine: Need Urgent Help within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ...Okay so I stopped at a red light...and didn't even notice that my car turned off until the light was ...

Exclamation Possible Blown Engine: Need Urgent Help

...Okay so I stopped at a red light...and didn't even notice that my car turned off until the light was green...no I didn't stall......I couldn't turn my car on...so I called some of my buddies to help me push to a parking lot...as they pushed...I tried to get the car started...it worked after a few tries......when I reved the engine slightly I hear a strong rattle(knocking) on the engine...my friend said that my engine is blown, that its the rods making the noise, that the same thing happened to his civic......I'm not sure if he knew what he was talking about so thats why I come to you guys to help me out...

MOD LIST:
    -Blitz DTT DC IV
    -Blitz SUS Power Air Filter
    -JDM WRX STi Catback Race Exhaust
    -F1 Racing Stage 3 Clutch Kit

...I also recently cleaned my MAF Sensor with CRC...and yesterday I was racing my friend for the fun of it...redlined it a few times...hopefully this is enough info...

EDIT: Also the Red Oil Light thingy had been turning on and off a couple of times...I've ignored since it didn't stay on like CEL's do...not sure if that was smart...but yea......and I've also had CEL's that state that I have a cylinder misfire and that there is something wrong with my O2 Sensor......oh and also my battery was really dirty so I disconnected the neg and pos and cleaned it...

~Kano~
    [God Bless You]
    Last edited by KanoWRX; 01-10-2008 at 04:29 PM.
    Custom Catback Race Exhaust (3" piping + 4'5" tip tilted upward left). Blitz SUS Power Air Intake Filter. F1 Racing Stage 3 Clutch Kit. Titanium STi shifter. Blitz Dual Turbo Timer DC IV. ViS Carbon Fiber Hood. Blitz Super Sound Dual Drive BOV.
    Bugeye Mafioso #149
    www.myspace.com/kano07

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Oil light.... That means you have 4psi or less oil pressure (In most cars), and ignoring CEL's are not good either...
    Bugeye Mafia #157
    18g + 205 + E = 12.07@116

Engine gone poopy.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,"If I live, I will kill you. If i die, you are forgiven. " such is the rule of Honor.

Quote Originally Posted by JSarv View Post
    Oil light.... That means you have 4psi or less oil pressure (In most cars), and ignoring CEL's are not good either...
    ...so what do I do about that??...does it link to my engine problem??...

~Kano~
    [God Bless You]
    Custom Catback Race Exhaust (3" piping + 4'5" tip tilted upward left). Blitz SUS Power Air Intake Filter. F1 Racing Stage 3 Clutch Kit. Titanium STi shifter. Blitz Dual Turbo Timer DC IV. ViS Carbon Fiber Hood. Blitz Super Sound Dual Drive BOV.
    Bugeye Mafioso #149
    www.myspace.com/kano07

i'd check to see if you have any oil right now. Looking into the CEL's may have also prevented this. You can't jump from engine not running/noises to blown engine, but its not looking good.

Lack of oil + misfire + redline for fun = blown engine.
    "90 miles an hour through trees sideways is pretty damn scary" ~Ken Block

Quote Originally Posted by 06PearlWRX View Post
    i'd check to see if you have any oil right now. Looking into the CEL's may have also prevented this. You can't jump from engine not running/noises to blown engine, but its not looking good.

Lack of oil + misfire + redline for fun = blown engine.
    ...well my oil is low...my friend said I should get thick oil......and I redlined a couple of times accidently...I raced for fun......since my engine is now blown...what are my best inexpensive options??.....and what exactly was damaged in my engines??...was it pistons, rods, ect??......tia (thanks in advance)...

~Kano~
    [God Bless You]
    Bugeye Mafioso #149
    www.myspace.com/kano07

the sad hard truth

buy a civic - they're alot cheaper to fix when you ignore CEL's as compared to your impreza
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

Quote Originally Posted by Micah View Post
    buy a civic - they're alot cheaper to fix when you ignore CEL's as compared to your impreza
    ...well theres this guy selling a b20 turbo civic that has 400whp for $5,200...but with that money I might as well get myself a new engine, don't you agree??......and plus I'm not really a civic fan...I love my suby...the AWD...the turbo...the sound...the 4 doors...the everythings...my car is my first love, I can't just dump for a civic!!!...I need a surgeon!!...I might take it to a subaru shop...

~Kano~
    [God Bless You]
    Bugeye Mafioso #149
    www.myspace.com/kano07

Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    ...well theres this guy selling a b20 turbo civic that has 400whp for $5,200...but with that money I might as well get myself a new engine, don't you agree??......and plus I'm not really a civic fan...I love my suby...the AWD...the turbo...the sound...the 4 doors...the everythings...my car is my first love, I can't just dump for a civic!!!...I need a surgeon!!...I might take it to a subaru shop...

~Kano~
    [God Bless You]
    ok, sounds like you've got the appropriately deserved affections for your impreza.... next time you see the CEL, stay out of boost, and get the code read ASAP. I keep a small code reader in my glovebox just to be on the safe side. Better to have and not need than to need and not have.

Find a local shop with a good reputation from other local subaru owners and let them have at it.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

I Support ClubWRX
    Engine go boom. Buy a new one. Oh and those lights on the dash are "idiot lights" cause if the noise isn't enough to convince you then a light should. Don't forget a new turbo too since no doubt yours is full of shavings.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Quote Originally Posted by Micah View Post
    ok, sounds like you've got the appropriately deserved affections for your impreza.... next time you see the CEL, stay out of boost, and get the code read ASAP. I keep a small code reader in my glovebox just to be on the safe side. Better to have and not need than to need and not have.

Find a local shop with a good reputation from other local subaru owners and let them have at it.
    ...I do go to autozone every time to check you CEL...I talked to my friend and he said the by rob bearings are friend and that I need to buy a Subaru kit...and replace the crankshaft...

~Kano~
    [God Bless You]
    Bugeye Mafioso #149
    www.myspace.com/kano07

Did your friend crack open the engine or do any kind of work to find this out. Or is he just a masterful enough mechanic to tell you exactly what failed and what has been damaged beyond repair by the sound or your description. This isn't a "replace that one part" kinda thing. its not a headlight. You seriously need to have the entire engine and turbo checked out.
    "90 miles an hour through trees sideways is pretty damn scary" ~Ken Block

Quote Originally Posted by 06PearlWRX View Post
    Did your friend crack open the engine or do any kind of work to find this out. Or is he just a masterful enough mechanic to tell you exactly what failed and what has been damaged beyond repair by the sound or your description. This isn't a "replace that one part" kinda thing. its not a headlight. You seriously need to have the entire engine and turbo checked out.
    ...Well his brother is a mechanic, and he works with on cars with so I hope his educated guesses are correct...but he and his brother are taking a look on the engine tomorrow...hopefully its nothing as serious as replacing my engine/turbo...we'll see...

~Kano~
    [God Bless You]
    Bugeye Mafioso #149
    www.myspace.com/kano07

I Support ClubWRX
    So let me get this straight, you've been staring at a NO OIL PRESSURE light, ignored it, and continued to race?

You just ran your engine out of oil. It's toast. Most are toast the second that light comes on. If you had immediately shut the car off THE FIRST TIME you saw the light you may have had a chance.

I can almost promise you that every bearing in the engine is destroyed, the pistons, rings and cylinders are scuffed up, and the cams are scored. The bushings in the turbo may have also sustained damage.

Moral of the story:

The oil pressure light is not one to ignore. This will be an expensive lesson.

Banned
    I didn't even know there was an oil pressure light Good info none the less.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast