Possible Blown Engine: Need Urgent Help - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

This is a discussion on Possible Blown Engine: Need Urgent Help within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by scoobydoo0405 ha ha ha your a funny one too....... hmmm let see they are located in arizona....not ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobydoo0405 View Post
    ha ha ha your a funny one too....... hmmm let see they are located in arizona....not that hard to get a car tuned there last time i checked....
    awww banned...

swear filter engaged.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

this thread kept me entertained for a good 15 minutes in my C class tonight, thanks guys
    Blobeye Syndicate #75
    2005 OBP WRX Sport Wagon
    Stewart Warner Boost & Oil temp gauges / OEM 20 mm rear bar
    Cobb stg 2 / STi uppipe / Crucial Racing downpipe
    Stromung 2.5" catless centerpipe / Scooby Sport New Age centre pipe & backbox

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydoo0405 View Post
    ha ha ha your a funny one too....... hmmm let see they are located in arizona....not that hard to get a car tuned there last time i checked....
    This genius couldn't even figure out that his location says he's in Syracuse but Vivid's in Arizona, so it would have been a good trick to get a protune by Vivid in Syracuse.

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    awww banned...

swear filter engaged.
    Damn it, this thread was fun! I'm sure he'll reappear as KanoWRX though so I'm not too worried about the ban. Unless they ban by IP address here? On the forum I moderate we ban by username.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    Unless they ban by IP address here? On the forum I moderate we ban by username.
    They do both. Usually first they just user name ban. When you come back claiming to be your alias you get the IP ban. When you have multiple Ip's, they get creative.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I Support ClubWRX
    The trouble is that repeating something over and over and loudly makes that something go from mantra to "truth." I'm not concerned about the reputation of the 2L motor; mine and most simply run with no issues. I am concerned about the "guru" phenomenon though -- guys that buy stuff and are therefore experts, guys that know someone that knows someone etc. and are therefore experts, and above all guys that are quick to blame a design that was not intended for the use they've chosen for it. Trying to explain diplomatically that it was probably not the best idea to stuff hot air into the car with no apparent consideration for anything else was pointless since "the WRX motor is crap" and he "should have got the STi..." It's only a matter of time and effort to blow that motor up as well, but never mind reality when it gets in the way.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    http://www.tamparacing.com/forums/su...gent-help.html

I finally found the Nasioc thread referring to the Florida thread.
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    http://www.tamparacing.com/forums/su...gent-help.html

I finally found the Nasioc thread referring to the Florida thread.
    Someone posted this on my350z I was thinking this sounds kind of familiar...oh wait.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

I Support ClubWRX
    The late Andy Warhol was right about everyone being famous for 15 minutes.

As you can see, I'm an old school member. I do all my own maintenance work. If you aren't an idiot you can drive the piss out of a subbie and with a little loving care here and there, she will continue to start every morning.

I read the first few pages of this thread and had to just laugh. What a poor kid. He's probably 16 years old, naive as hell listening to his Dad's friend - and cost him probably $4,000.

I think you guys are ripping into this kid a bit too much. Granted, when I was 16, I hope my head was screwed on a little tighter.

Sorry about the loss man. Next time, DON'T IGNORE THE IDIOT LIGHTS. As others have said, normally an idiot light is the end of an engine unless you shut it down right there.

Finally - as someone else said there are a lot of self-proclaimed 'gurus.' Listen to the guys that have a billion posts and have been long term members.

Also, I worked in the oil additive industry for several years (i'm a chemical engineer). Gear oil in your engine isn't as bad as you think unless you RACE WITH IT!!! I can't even imagine what high temperatures do to additive packages within the oil. We don't even test gear oil over 100C. You go straight from thick oil to a WATER consistency as soon as the oil gets near the pistons at redline & WOT.

Follow manufacturer recommendations and use synthetic oils especially for turbo cars. We've ran oil in engines for 20k miles straight(non-stop @ roughly 60mph RPM speed) just to see what it looks like. The oil doesn't break down as much as you would suspect (synthetic only!!). The oil is changed to remove contaminants that are suspended in the oil through the use of flocculates. Also, the oil filter itself limits the longevity of the oil.

I change my oil every 5,000 with mobil1 10w30 full syn (south FL so its never cold)

cheers.
    - 2002 silver WRX (stock)
    - 1999 Honda CBR F4 (Leo Vinci High-mount exhaust, carbon fiber blinkers and other lil crap...)

Banned
    Ban of the year

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Not-EWRX View Post
    Ban of the year
    For what?

Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    ...well theres this guy selling a b20 turbo civic that has 400whp for $5,200...but with that money I might as well get myself a new engine, don't you agree??......and plus I'm not really a civic fan...I love my suby...the AWD...the turbo...the sound...the 4 doors...the everythings...my car is my first love, I can't just dump for a civic!!!...I need a surgeon!!...I might take it to a subaru shop...

~Kano~
    [God Bless You]
    Find a friend who knows wtf they are doing or someone at a subbie dealership that'll work on the side (has done several successful engine rebuild) and preferably has a lift and cherry picker, take out a loan have him help do all the work, give him like 500 or so... you could get a full rebuild for a decent price...

otherwise, buy a new car if you don't have the time or money to deal with it.... Engine rebuild would be best though, even if you have to buy a $400 car while yours is getting worked on.

vlenhoff
    Wow, there can be rude encounters in these forums. The way I see it: The guy blew his engine, and many who he asked for help or opinions, just got on his face and called him basically an idiot. Maybe he is young or naive but for God's sake please lets all be respectful to our brothers and sisters.

Patience, Patience.

My humble opinion....

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567