Possible Blown Engine: Need Urgent Help - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on Possible Blown Engine: Need Urgent Help within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by 06wrx4me I smell a lock in the future. Experience is the best teacher Kano, but it ain't ...

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    I smell a lock in the future.

Experience is the best teacher Kano, but it ain't the cheapest.
    …you’re right…but I just found out that the right oil was in…I was the one confused, which shows my knowledge of car fluids…I asked the mechanic and he said that he put in Royal Purple motor oil……I was just confused…

Quote Originally Posted by tom'sti View Post
    Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah smoked my engine blah blah blah.

~Tom~
    [Satan says hi]
    …I smell immaturity…

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    If that isn't your intention then stop typing it. If there really was a God, obviously he hasn't blessed you with brains (or mechanical skills). Seriously, you should probably just sell the car and get a horse and buggy. Putting gear oil in your engine is a new all time low for me. I've never heard of anybody making such a dumb mistake. And I do use coins and bills, I just cross out "God" and put "Satan" in Sharpie.

~Teflon~
    [Satan is my lord and protector. All bow in his presence. Pledge allegiance now and you will be spared on Judgement Day. God doesn't exist or why would there be so many stupid people?]

Damn it, I'm going to contribute to getting this thread locked. But I asked nicely to PLEASE stop typing that and he was a total jerk in his response. Oh well, at least I know I'll get the last laugh since I'm not the guy that just lost thousands of $$$ on a blown engine.
    …I smell more immaturity…I didn’t work on my car you tard…and motor oil was put in…...we can continue this conversation in pm's if you please...

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrxdude View Post
    Sorry what happened to yah man...

I'm just waiting for the thread " I put 5w30 engine oil in my tranny" That will probably make my life.. tranny go booom next..be careful!

goodluck on the new motor. Glad your staying true to SUBYJEW I mean Subaru
    …lol that’ll be so funny…lol subyjew…

Quote Originally Posted by 06PearlWRX View Post
    No way, still not locked? So i'm still confused why you wanna know if the clutch you put in is gonna void the warranty on the engine you just blew?

…lol I get you…but I didn’t blow the engine…engine oil was put it…I just got confused…still don’t know what caused the car damage…

Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?t=174914

i'll give you all a hint "No Religion"

so whose up for been banned?
    ...lol not me...so does it mean I can't post any more of my signatures??...if not, don't ban if I put it up accidently...I've been posting that signature in myspace and emails for over a year...this thread seems pointless now since the mechanic told me that he put in the right oil...and I really don't wanna risk being banned soo...lock this thread if you please...any mod......

~Kano~
    [Be Blessed?]...blessed just means to be fortunate...
    Custom Catback Race Exhaust (3" piping + 4'5" tip tilted upward left). Blitz SUS Power Air Intake Filter. F1 Racing Stage 3 Clutch Kit. Titanium STi shifter. Blitz Dual Turbo Timer DC IV. ViS Carbon Fiber Hood. Blitz Super Sound Dual Drive BOV.
    Bugeye Mafioso #149
    www.myspace.com/kano07

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Kind bit of advice. I could care less about your signature, but please let it be noted that I find it offensive when you call others deragatory names (tard as one example) and threaten, even allegorically, to hit someone with a wrench.

If I personally see it again, I'll be pushing supermods for a ban. Some may find this amusing, but I find it childish and controllable.

Other than that, your posts are pretty funny.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07 View Post

Other than that, your posts are pretty funny.

I 3> this site, sometimes i laugh like im at a comedy club.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    I thought I was the most hated mod on the forum...wagone back off
    Sorry, I don't think you should get to have all the fun.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

Banned
    This is like the little thread that could.

I Support ClubWRX

Let's get back to the point:

Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    my friend said that my engine is blown, that its the rods making the noise,
    It's not an unreasonable guess but it's only that until someone that knows their way around looks at the motor. Let's assume though that the motor has failed just in case it has, so you can figure out what might have gone wrong.

MOD LIST:
    -Blitz DTT DC IV
    -Blitz SUS Power Air Filter
    -JDM WRX STi Catback Race Exhaust
    -F1 Racing Stage 3 Clutch Kit
    The DTT is a turbo timer, not a boost controller? So you've not increased boost, you've just added a grabby clutch, a bad air filter, and a loud exhaust? The motor should not have failed. Figure out why the motor failed.

Also the Red Oil Light thingy had been turning on and off a couple of times...I've ignored since it didn't stay on like CEL's do...not sure if that was smart...but yea......and I've also had CEL's that state that I have a cylinder misfire and that there is something wrong with my O2 Sensor......oh and also my battery was really dirty so I disconnected the neg and pos and cleaned it...
    This is the real info here. The misfire could be caused by any number of faults, and none of them appear feasible with the mods you've listed (the exception is the O2 sensor CEL, assuming it's not a PO171). Are there other modifications to the motor, or are there known faults with the ignition? Have you performed the required maintenance, and did the CELs appear after that? (BTW you were racing around on low oil and a memory-chart ECU map since you ignored the oil light and disconnected power to the ECU).

Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    ...I know, I know...tranny oil in the motor is no no...it was just another noob mistake...
    Assuming you added synthetic 75W-90, it's roughly the equivalent to motor oil 10W-40 and has high anti-shear additive content. I would frankly not expect a catastrophic failure even if you did add gear oil instead of motor oil; the only question in my mind though is what thermal properties the gear oil might have. Keep in mind gear oil is designed to resist shear but it rarely if ever sees temperatures in excess of 100C, whereas motor oil is designed with thermal breakdown resistance.

You said your mechanic added Royal Purple -- she must have charged you for it. Receipt? Are you sure it's you that's confused as you say, and not the mechanic?

Before you spend another dollar on the car, find out what went wrong and why and take steps to make sure it does not happen again. If you can clean your MAF you can certainly check and change your own oil, for example.

[God Bless You]
    May the Gods of my People walk with you. May you have the wisdom of Athena and the power of Zeus.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    May the Gods of my People walk with you. May you have the wisdom of Athena and the power of Zeus.
    you been watching "300" again malacca
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

I Support ClubWRX
    you been watching "300" again malacca
    You're on to me! I did take a brief break to groom my beard and shave my legs, but after that it was right back to watching 300!...
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Banned
    stock wrx 2.0L motors do not last for **** if you do any sort of mods to them my buddy and i have full exhaust and push like 20 psi and both spun rod bearings in those motors and now i have the sti block in my car and the **** handles anything i throw at it im pushing 22 right now and now probs....the other thing that could have done it is the oil filter there are a couple diff ones for our cars and the smallest ones dont flow fast enough and cause motors to blow...read that on a couple different forums too...

I Support ClubWRX
    I see no reason why the 2.0 will not last well past the point where the body falls apart or the seats dissolve. Could it be that 20 PSI was the issue, not the motor? Along those lines, is using a stronger block as a crutch for poor tuning a realistic plan?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobydoo0405 View Post
    stock wrx 2.0L motors do not last for **** if you do any sort of mods to them my buddy and i have full exhaust and push like 20 psi and both spun rod bearings in those motors and now i have the sti block in my car and the **** handles anything i throw at it im pushing 22 right now and now probs....the other thing that could have done it is the oil filter there are a couple diff ones for our cars and the smallest ones dont flow fast enough and cause motors to blow...read that on a couple different forums too...
    You sir are a winarrrr!!!

There is not one intelligent thing you should listen to in this post. I feel the level of window licking is evident, but since you (OP) are a newb thought I'd help you out.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

OMG what's happening to this place?!?!
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Banned
    it was not poor tuning its the fact that it is a giving that the wrx stock motor sucks major balls....plain and simple i had a nice tune with it before and an even better one now that i have this block and a bunch of other upgrades.....13.0 on stock turbo i would say is a nice tune thank you very much

"Do you hear that Mr Anderson? That is the sound of inevitability."
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,"If I live, I will kill you. If i die, you are forgiven. " such is the rule of Honor.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobydoo0405 View Post
    it was not poor tuning its the fact that it is a giving that the wrx stock motor sucks major balls....plain and simple i had a nice tune with it before and an even better one now that i have this block and a bunch of other upgrades.....13.0 on stock turbo i would say is a nice tune thank you very much
    Don't Ej205's in WRX's come with 14 psi stock?

2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast