2008 5-door. I mean super duh. Attempted to change the oil+filter(1200 miles) for the first time yesterday... first problem was I couldn't pull the car on my ramps, so I pull out the floor jack and put the front on jack stands. I wasn't crazy about the stands(slight slope in driveway so I was a bit hesitant about spending all day underneath...) I couldn't find the filter with much investigation from every angle possible. The owner's manual shows a great picture of its location... too funny its like HERE with zero reference to what's around it... It does tell me to remove the bottom plastic cover(upon reading other posts it sounds like this is optional, but they weren't dealing with an '08) which was a total pain in the ass and didn't get it all the way off because of the weird clips/screws/rivets in the wheel wells. So I did a typical Jiffy Lube Oil + Filter Change(Oil only). A few questions:
1. Where in the hell is the oil filter? I do realize that I am a moron.
2. What are the wheel well clips that hold the plastic under cover on and how to remove?
3. Is there a place that sells ramps that the angle is low enough for a WRX or should I build them?
4. Is there a Hanes or equivalent fairly detailed repair manual out for the '08s? I'm an OK mechanic but leave the heavy stuff to my mechanic so don't need ultra details.
5. The Tech page on Subaru... you can buy 72 hours of access for 35bucks... can you print the PDFs or are they locked? ( http://techinfo.subaru.com/html/ixSe...reza+%28WRX%29 )
Thanks a ton