Half Boost, Help a noob out - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Half Boost, Help a noob out within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i was having a problem where i was only hitting 7psi and it turned out to be my boost control ...

i was having a problem where i was only hitting 7psi and it turned out to be my boost control solenoid. I got mine on nasioc int he classified section for $20. Do you have a friend with a rex? If you do borrow their bcs and plug it in to your car and see if it fixes the problem. It will take less than 5 min to pull their's off and put it on yours.

CobbTuning.com - How Subaruís Factory Boost Control System Works this will show you right where the restrictor pill should be
    VF39'd and Clark Tuned
    BugEyeMafia #176
    Basshead Member #3

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by idipskoalmint View Post
    The boost control solenoid is on the left part of the engine bay, behind the stock airbox. There should be some lines coming out from there - follow it back and you should find it.
    OK thanks. so after i find the waste gate what should i look for or test to determine if that is the problem or not?
    2002 bugeye - R.I.P
    2008 hatch - Perrin stage 2

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by morphine16
    OK thanks. so after i find the waste gate what should i look for or test to determine if that is the problem or not?
    I would so like adizzle02 suggested:

Quote Originally Posted by adizzle02
    i was having a problem where i was only hitting 7psi and it turned out to be my boost control solenoid. I got mine on nasioc int he classified section for $20. Do you have a friend with a rex? If you do borrow their bcs and plug it in to your car and see if it fixes the problem. It will take less than 5 min to pull their's off and put it on yours.

CobbTuning.com - How Subaru’s Factory Boost Control System Works this will show you right where the restrictor pill should be
    Find a local owner, and see if you can test with theirs. If you hit the correct boost, your solenoid is bad. Many owners will sell their OEM one when they step up to a 3-port BCS, so you can get one fairly cheap.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Had same issue

I recently got my 08 impreza, of course i took it to the track to get a baseline, on my last run i guess i over-reved or something, my boost went from the normal 15psi to a max of 5 psi. i thought vacuum issue.. after all my attempts to fix the problem nothing worked.. so i ended up playing with the actuating arm on the wastegate and disconnected my battery for about an hour and a half, im not sure which one actually fixed it but im back to 15psi of boost...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12