Just did the first break-in oil change tonight, and I came across a few things that puzzled me. Oil change was fine no problem but in looking at the owners manual it says the car takes only 4.2 qts of oil? I found this strange since my old 04 wrx took 4.8 and it was the 2.0 not the 2.5. I took the manual's word for it and added exactly 4.2 qts, and it totally was not enough. I had to add another quart at least to get the dipstick to the exact full mark. Whats up with that? Is this just a misprint in my owners manual? I changed out the tranny gear oil and rear diff oil as well, to full synthetic M1. The rear diff went fine but when I drained the gear oil out of the front (T-70 Tork I believe it is), another thing threw me. On my old wrx the tranny takes 3.7 qts, and when that same tork is loosened up, all 3.7 quarts comes out. On mine not as much fluid seemed to come out and in the manual it says the whole things takes 4.3 qts of gear oil, but I found I only got about 2 qts in before the tranny was full. I noticed on the STI though that theres a small pan for the transfer case with a 14mm bolt on it, but I didn't think I needed to drain that, because I did not see a filler bolt on the case. To get the whole 4.3 qts out do you have to pop out the tranny tork drain plug AND that transfer case plug? I'm assuming that it is a shared unit as far as the fluid goes, and thats why I could only add 2 qts of new gear oil before the tranny was full. I just wanted to be sure so that I don't have half synthetic and half factory oil in the t-case and tranny. Thanks in advance for sorting it out. So far the M1 is GREAT, the shifting is much less notchy and today it snowed a lot and is 25 degrees =). That factory oil they put in the car is crap.