to all with FMIC

This is a discussion on to all with FMIC within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Not sure if this is the right forum -- mods please move if needed. I have a FMIC and no ...

to all with FMIC

Not sure if this is the right forum -- mods please move if needed.

I have a FMIC and no TMIC -- i am assuming that rain/water can enter the engine bay through the scoop. With the winter coming up, should I be worried?

Also, I have a CF hood which didnt fit unless I removed the rubber shroud around the stock scoop... Is there a way to cover this up or did everyone just leave this as is?

Thanks for the help in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by perrin subi View Post
    Not sure if this is the right forum -- mods please move if needed.

I have a FMIC and no TMIC -- i am assuming that rain/water can enter the engine bay through the scoop. With the winter coming up, should I be worried?

Also, I have a CF hood which didnt fit unless I removed the rubber shroud around the stock scoop... Is there a way to cover this up or did everyone just leave this as is?

Thanks for the help in advance.
    I dont think the open scoop is a problem, as even with a TMIC water gets in there. The rubber piece just fits snugly against the TMIC. If you are worried you could always buy a 2.5i hood or a reverse scoop.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Is in Love With the Admins Here 20WRX04's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    I dont think the open scoop is a problem, as even with a TMIC water gets in there.
    +1. It shouldn't be a problem. Subaru made it that way. I trust it.
    I didn't use my stock rubber boot with my CF hood. I did however re-use my stock scoop! I should probably sell the CF scoop....
    The first rule of the Faction is...DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE FACTION.
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods