Engine Oil Consuption, need help.

This is a discussion on Engine Oil Consuption, need help. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have this issue with the engine, I don't know if that is normal when engine consumes some oil or ...

Engine Oil Consuption, need help.

I have this issue with the engine, I don't know if that is normal when engine consumes some oil or not.
    Yesturday I drove for a while and raced the engine (not much though).
    There were like 10 times when i pushed it up to 6500 Rpms, no further though.
    I have checked the oil level this morning, before that day I had it at the F mark. Now when i checked it it was like 1/4 less than originally between E to F markings.
    The car has 45000 miles on it and all is stock...
    Is that a normal behavior or not. I use 5w30 Full Sync Mobil 1.

Thanks for all your help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    You don't know yet that you have an accurate idea of how much oil is being used, if any. If you are concerned keep detailed records of the oil level over a period of an oil change, checking the same time and with the motor at the same temp each time (stone cold on a level surface works). If you need to top it off during that time, of course do that.

Many motors use some M1 5W-30. Mine used up to 600 ml per oil change.

Keep in mind that with a stock car and receipts for required maintenance, a motor problem is not your problem. It's Subaru's problem for the next 15,000 miles.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Also note that it often takes a considerable amount of time for all the oil to settle back down in these motors - I'd check it again when it has been sitting for at least 15 min. if you didn't wait long the first time.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

1 quart per ever 1k miles is normal ... not sure how many miles u drove
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING