starting issues with my bugeye! cranks over then die's i need help
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on starting issues with my bugeye! cranks over then die's i need help within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ok heres whats up. i bought a 2002 wrx that was wrecked. I fixed the damage, and now it will ...

starting issues with my bugeye! cranks over then die's i need help

ok heres whats up. i bought a 2002 wrx that was wrecked. I fixed the damage, and now it will not start. it has fuel+spark. but when you try to start it. all it does is crank then die. what is the problem?

it leaks fuel a little just squirts out on top of the injectors. but had a utec i was told to remove. so i did and plugged the stock ecu in normal.

well let me know im not a suby guy at all

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by quikcobra View Post
    ok heres whats up. i bought a 2002 wrx that was wrecked. I fixed the damage, and now it will not start. it has fuel+spark. but when you try to start it. all it does is crank then die. what is the problem?

it leaks fuel a little just squirts out on top of the injectors. but had a utec i was told to remove. so i did and plugged the stock ecu in normal.

well let me know im not a suby guy at all
    So you checked 2 possibilities, check some more. How about timing and compression?
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,"If I live, I will kill you. If i die, you are forgiven. " such is the rule of Honor.

wrx

well i havent checked timing, compression. the car was the kid's daily driver he wrecked it racing so it ran. so would timing jump like that? and compression it just wouldnt start right? and have you seen where the spark plugs are in these cars lol.

Yes.

I'm not there, you are.

There was enough damage to cause fuel to leak out of the injector rail? Gotta start with the basics. Sudden stops can cause timing jumps, i've seen it. Are you sure fuel pressure is at spec?
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,"If I live, I will kill you. If i die, you are forgiven. " such is the rule of Honor.

t

ok ill check timing because when he crashed they didnt know it was a dead end and jump a birm onto a golf course. so ill call that a sudden stop

but im lost with the car to the point i just want to pull the motor and buy new

how do you check timing i just checked alldata they say you need to run the car then check it with a subaru computer
    Last edited by quikcobra; 12-02-2007 at 09:49 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.