Serious Help!!!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Serious Help!!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I was just driving and a guy ran me off the road. Well everything was ok until i ran through ...

Exclamation Serious Help!!!

I was just driving and a guy ran me off the road. Well everything was ok until i ran through a puddle. Snow, ice, slush water everything built up on my cai filter. Now car is running ruff and white smoke coming from exhaust. Any body know what could be wrong, and what i need to do to fix it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    At think in the best situation you will need a new turbo. But you might need a new block as well. Water in an engine is no joke.

pull off your air filter, clean it, dry it, and reset your ecu. see what happens.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 06ltd View Post
    pull off your air filter, clean it, dry it, and reset your ecu. see what happens.
    Yup. I'd try not to run the car until all this is done. You might also want to drain your oil and see what you might find in there.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

what do i need to do to reset my ecu

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    You might also want to drain your oil and see what you might find in there.
    A good idea, but be sure to drain the first half quart into a clear jar so you can tell if there's anything in there.

Disconnect the neg. battery cable and depress the brake pedal for 30 seconds or so to reset the ecu. Check to see if all your radio stations reset to make sure you did it correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by littlebro View Post
    I was just driving and a guy ran me off the road. Well everything was ok until i ran through a puddle. Snow, ice, slush water everything built up on my cai filter. Now car is running ruff and white smoke coming from exhaust. Any body know what could be wrong, and what i need to do to fix it.
    A guy ran you off the road? that doesn't sound shady at all... story please..
    Current: 05 Mini Cooper S R53
    Former: 06 Acura RSX Type-S
    Former: 00 Integra GSR
    Former: 07 Mazdaspeed3
    Former: 04 WRX Stage 2+
    www.jscspeed.com

what would i be needing to look for in my oil?

water or, god forbid, coolant.

It was this ass in an audi tt. We were sitting at a light take off not really racing just getting up to speed and he just started swerving at me, and for some reason screaming at me from his car. He continued this until i had no choice but swerve off the road or hit him.

Quote Originally Posted by 06ltd View Post
    water or, god forbid, coolant.
    so would i be able to tell fairly easy if either water or coolant is in there.

yeah, water will be a blob in the bottom of the jar, or look like small marbles. Coolant will usually be foamy.

k should i check my oil before i reset my ecu. or should i check my ecu see how it runs and if its still doing it then check my oil.

hmm and people wonder why we say do not get a CAI.
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

clean your intake and see if the problems go away. If they don't then check the oil. Fact is, you would have had to injest a serious amount of water to actually get it into the engine. What's more likely is you screwed up the maf and o2 sensor and they're sending bad readings to the ecu.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.