Emerjency Help
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Emerjency Help within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I got a really bad oil leak couple days ago..Its on the passenger side, all over the manifold heat shield. ...

Emerjency Help

I got a really bad oil leak couple days ago..Its on the passenger side, all over the manifold heat shield. I took it to shop, turns out its coming from one of the Cam-Shafts i believe? Could it just be a seal? anyone know if they had that problem before, how much it would cost me at a Subaru dealer to have it fixed? Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Josias View Post
    I got a really bad oil leak couple days ago..Its on the passenger side, all over the manifold heat shield. I took it to shop, turns out its coming from one of the Cam-Shafts i believe? Could it just be a seal? anyone know if they had that problem before, how much it would cost me at a Subaru dealer to have it fixed? Thanks

whatever it is, doesnt sound good. definatly dont drive. duh.
    cylinder head cracked?? i dont know man, sounds ruff

yea i know smokes up like a smoke had gone off in the hood.

yea i know smokes up like a smoke grenade had gone off in the hood.

if its a cam seal, which it does sound like, get it replaced and have them do the timing belt, small idler, and possibly tensioner while in there (unless youre super low mileage)

basically itll cost you a typical timing belt job +parts + an extra half hour labor to do the cam seal thats leaking. not a big deal.
    Vanitas vanitatum...et omnia vanitas

Thanks a bunch Gusto, friend did mention that..Ok so its call idler? lol..Um also i am thinking of selling the car. Not sure if it worth it fixing then selling or just selling and deducting the price of the cost of fixing it..Um the car is an 03 and has aprox. 145k miles...Thanks..

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.