2006 WRX Hydroplane Accident with Pics! :(
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2006 WRX Hydroplane Accident with Pics! :( within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, Last Tuesday I hydroplaned on a 55mph highway and instantly hit a guard rail!-- hit front pass. corner ...

2006 WRX Hydroplane Accident with Pics! :(

Hey guys,

Last Tuesday I hydroplaned on a 55mph highway and instantly hit a guard rail!-- hit front pass. corner and the side of the car sandwiched itself into the guardrail... My subie is smashed to the effect of $10,138 - They did not total it!!!

I have a family member at a professional body shop doing all of the repairs but I would like some input from you guys on the sustainability/ future projections as to what may or may not occur seeing as I will now probably drive the car into the ground. The winter season is literally days away.

Any input is appreciated and please let me know if I can add more information to paint the picture any clearer.

Judging from the photos, do body repair guys clean off all of the dirt and garbage that has been collecting just sitting there in the shop or do they clean everything off before putting the car back together? I am really at a loss here wondering procedures and potential outcomes but I do have family on my side.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Ouch!!

If there's frame damage, see if they can total your car (hopefully, they haven't already submitted the estimate to insurance).
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

They have already submitted the quote to the insurance, and the check has been cut. My uncle said there is not any visible/noticeable frame damage - I have yet to determine this myself however. I wish they totaled it.

so they didnt put it on a frame machine to make sure its 100% lined up like it should be?

I highly doubt there is any frame damage.

Have you considered upgrading the tires? Falken Ziex512's FTW
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

yep

Quote Originally Posted by Micah View Post
    I highly doubt there is any frame damage.

Have you considered upgrading the tires? Falken Ziex512's FTW
    I concur with Micah- Ziex512's are some sticky tires- I've done right at 40mph with those tires- and my heart didn't even jump once.

if you need more let them know... as far as I understand, the chassis is pretty much the frame... it seems your rear quarter panel is pushed in significantly... you can see if it the floor is buckled a from that... might need to remove the seats to see if it's damaged... you can possibly still have it totalled, especially if the cost of fixing is gonna be more than the check they give you... other option is to fix it and sell it.

Banned
    That sucks bro

thanks all for the help. I am having it repaired the best i possibly can and will probably sell it - though i'm sure it's carfax history will make it worth significantly less. damnit.

Quote Originally Posted by clr18287 View Post
    thanks all for the help. I am having it repaired the best i possibly can and will probably sell it - though i'm sure it's carfax history will make it worth significantly less. damnit.
    not always... I had a 2000 celica gt-s, clean title but had an accident reported on it via carfax... year later I total it and insurance pays out the actual retail value of the car according to kbb which surprised me.

I beleive what the insurance pays and what a consumer would pay are different things. If it was not that way you would be getting hosed. I've got and 04 and had some one H&R me on the drivers rear door and rear quarter, got it repaired but makes me sick everytime I wash my car.
    from the outside looking in you don't understand from the inside looking out you can't explaine

rlem,

what makes you sick when you wash the car? an inferior paint job.. or the concept/principle that it was smashed and not original. i think i'll have that sick feeling too when i drive my car..knowing it has been repaired... i'll post photos of the restoration soon.

hope everything works out man
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.