Windshield wiper/motor?

This is a discussion on Windshield wiper/motor? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm having trouble with my windshield wipers getting stuck on the other side of the pillar on the drivers side. ...

Windshield wiper/motor?

I'm having trouble with my windshield wipers getting stuck on the other side of the pillar on the drivers side. Not sure if it's called the pillar but it hops over and gets stuck. This is getting to be incredibly annoying. And hard to drive with it doing that. It will constantly do it on the 2nd speed for the wipers. First speed it'll do it occasionally. I need to find out how to fix this. It's a terrible hassle. Pouring rain and 40 degress out with the driver side window down sucks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Never had a Subaru wiper arm off but the ones I did there was a nut at the attachment point of arm, undo and turn arm a bit to lessen stroke of arm towards the pillar. Tighten and test ...
    '02 WRX 4EAT, 311,000KMs/194,500Miles, Sold. Best car I ever had. '09 STi stage 1, hope this one will be good too...

ODJ
    Wow, that doesn't sound like much fun. Make sure the mounting itself isn't flexing or moving around while the wipers are going. You should also check that your wiper blade is the proper fitment for your make/model.
    UNSPOILT BY PROGRESS

Oh it's terrible. I'm going to try the adjustment thing asap. They are the right size wipers. I thought that was the problem first. But checked and they are same size.