Check Engine light on and Cruise Control Light flashing

This is a discussion on Check Engine light on and Cruise Control Light flashing within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello. I have a problem with my Impreza STI 2006. The Check Engine light is on and Cruise Control Light ...

Check Engine light on and Cruise Control Light flashing

Hello. I have a problem with my Impreza STI 2006.

The Check Engine light is on and Cruise Control Light is flashing. The car does not have any modification. The car only have 12.000 Km

I would thank for any kind of help.

The DTC error code are:
    P2006
    p2007
    p2009
    Last edited by ibra; 11-19-2007 at 08:54 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Only 12,000 km, no mods, full warranty. I don't mean to be blunt, but don't ask questions here, take it straight to the dealership before you start trying things board member may suggest and do more harm.
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    Before bringing the vehicle to the dealership, make sure the gas cap is completely tight (there's even a warning on them telling you that not completely tightening can cause CEL to be thrown).

If that isn't your issue, bringing it to a dealership could help, as they have a CEL code reader (or else, bring it somewhere to use one).

probably just a simple missfire code. that's what mine was. some go to advanced auto and have it cleared there if they know what it is or have mods done to the car. you have both options available being stock. although the dealer will most likely take more time to do it.

P2006 Intake Manifold Runner Control Stuck Closed (Bank 1)
    P2007 Intake Manifold Runner Control Stuck Closed (Bank 2)
    P2008 Intake Manifold Runner Control Circuit/Open (Bank 1)
    P2009 Intake Manifold Runner Control Circuit Low (Bank 1)

probably just a bad sensor
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Quote Originally Posted by 06WRXturbo View Post
    probably just a simple missfire code. that's what mine was. some go to advanced auto and have it cleared there if they know what it is or have mods done to the car. you have both options available being stock. although the dealer will most likely take more time to do it.
    why would you ignore misfire codes? i see no mods in your signature that would cause the misfire codes to turn on..
    -kyle
    bugeyemafia#126
    VF39'd, Bailey-tuned! 280.07whp 250.05wtq

very true, turning check engine lights off with a reader is only a bandage, there is obviously a problem and thats why the cel is on, just take it to the dealer and save te hasstle. They should be able to hook you up with a rental if it takes more time than you have.
    2002 WRB WRX Wagon
    Tuned by Bobby at PRE
    245 AWHP and 255 AWTQ @17 psi
    Bugeye Mafia #153
    Proud member of Different Strokes

Quote Originally Posted by WRXworm View Post
    I Hit 22 mph one time... and then i got scared so i let off. dont worry though, i was in a empty parkin lot so no one was around... When your to that point you need to shift into 2nd it gets scary... be careful out there...

Quote Originally Posted by Julianh06 View Post
    very true, turning check engine lights off with a reader is only a bandage, there is obviously a problem and thats why the cel is on, just take it to the dealer and save te hasstle. They should be able to hook you up with a rental if it takes more time than you have.
    +1. or, even better, go to your local tuner or tuning shop. they'll do a better job with your car if it is modded; plus, they won't overprice you to hell like a stealership.
    -kyle
    bugeyemafia#126
    VF39'd, Bailey-tuned! 280.07whp 250.05wtq

good point, even though its a new car and you think there should be nothing wrong with it since its stock, there could be just a minor glitch to be worked out. A tuning shop would actually be easier to get the problem resolved cause they will probably know the problem better than even a dealer would, and would more than likely not charge you if its a simple fix.
    2002 WRB WRX Wagon
    Tuned by Bobby at PRE
    245 AWHP and 255 AWTQ @17 psi
    Bugeye Mafia #153
    Proud member of Different Strokes

Quote Originally Posted by WRXworm View Post
    I Hit 22 mph one time... and then i got scared so i let off. dont worry though, i was in a empty parkin lot so no one was around... When your to that point you need to shift into 2nd it gets scary... be careful out there...

I would take it to the dealership b/c it's still under warranty

Registered User The Black Pearl's Avatar

Update on this problem?

Did anyone figure out what the solution was to this problem? I got into my 05 STi this morning and had the same situation. My cruise control light was blinking and check engine light was on. I checked it with the AP and it gave me three of those intake manifold runner codes. I havent modded anything recently and the only thing I have modded on the intake side is the air silencer delete and K&N drop in air filter. I know this is an older thread so I appreciate any answers. Thanks!

Registered User The Black Pearl's Avatar

Update

I figured I would post for future reference. I cleared the CEL codes with my AP by resetting the ECU on sunday night. I have driven it to work for two days now, which is around 60 to 70 miles of driving, and it has not shown another CEL since. Hope it was just a fluke! I will update this post again if I do get another CEL in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Pearl View Post
    I figured I would post for future reference. I cleared the CEL codes with my AP by resetting the ECU on sunday night. I have driven it to work for two days now, which is around 60 to 70 miles of driving, and it has not shown another CEL since. Hope it was just a fluke! I will update this post again if I do get another CEL in the near future.
    I keep having the same issue as you do except, when I reset the ECU, the CEL and CC light still comes on. It takes about half a day for it to come back but it seems to be persistent. This is my second time resetting the ECU to no avail. I changed my spark plugs for routine maintenance and I found a fair amount of oil on the original spark plugs threads (ALL FOUR!!!!) I'm not burning any oil and I don't have too much or too little oil. My nearest autozone has a PCV valve in stock for my 05 and I'm replacing it today. I hope it's just the PCV valve that needs changing and that oil entering my combustion chamber is causing this so called "dreaded misfire". Wish me luck. I'll keep you all posted to let you know if everything works out fine. Any other ideas?

So, I did a ECU scan today and found that it was the O2 Sensor throwing the code. I ended up erasing the code and "wah-lah"...No CEL or blinking cruise control light. Didn't change the PCV valve cause the one on the car was mated to a plastic piece which I didn't have a replacement for if broken. I no longer fear that the PCV valve had anything to do with my problems considering I am not burning oil and the car has always had its oil changed on time. I'm pretty certain the oil I found on my spark plugs are from leaking valve cover gaskets. SUCKS cause that's more work than I want to do right now!!! But, the car seems to be running business as usual regardless. Hopefully that CEL and blinking CC light will stay away. Just glad that it wasn't misfiring after all.