Factory Recommended Service Schedule - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Factory Recommended Service Schedule within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; https://www.subaru.com/my-subaru/mai...edule2005.html Click the link at the bottom for the full .pdf deal....

DUB
    https://www.subaru.com/my-subaru/mai...edule2005.html

Click the link at the bottom for the full .pdf deal.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by DUB View Post
    https://www.subaru.com/my-subaru/mai...edule2005.html

Click the link at the bottom for the full .pdf deal.
    Good deal. I saved the .pdf - I can't believe the friggin Subaru dealer doesn't even know this stuff off the top of their head.

DUB
    Quote Originally Posted by lundholm08 View Post
    Good deal. I saved the .pdf - I can't believe the friggin Subaru dealer doesn't even know this stuff off the top of their head.
    I can. You will learn not to trust those "techs".

I was shooting the **** with the guy that works at the parts counter just the other day while buying an oil filter. He told me he uses a different fluid for his tranny, front diff and center diff.

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by DUB View Post
    I can. You will learn not to trust those "techs".

I was shooting the **** with the guy that works at the parts counter just the other day while buying an oil filter. He told me he uses a different fluid for his tranny, front diff and center diff.
    Lol yea exactly. When the service guy I talked to told me I didn't ever need to replace my fuel filter I said to him "oh cool so now that I'm past my warranty, if the fuel filter becomes so clogged that my car runs lean, pulls severe timing and misfires and detonates are you guys gonna stand behind that?" he's like "uhhhhhh" I'm like "yea, that's all I'm sayin man sure K+N tells you their air filter is good for the life of the car but that's if you keep it serviced and clean" nimrods lol

Wrinklechops

For example...

Thank you for taking the time to contact Subaru of America.

Yes, your 2005 Impreza WRX is equipped with a fuel filter. The fuel filter for the 2005 models is in the fuel tank and part of the fuel pump assembly, as you are aware because of replacing the fuel pump. I have received a few messages like yours, wherein dealers are not recommending replacing the fuel filter in a 2005 Impreza because it is built into the fuel pump.

I have looked into this here at Subaru of America. I have been advised that if the fuel filter in a 2005 Impreza fails, it would NOT cause any additional damage to the vehicle. However, as it is on the maintenance schedule, we would recommend replacing it, which you are going to do yourself.

Thank you Colin for bringing your concern and experiences with Subaru dealers to our attention. Your message has been documented in our Customer/Dealer Services database. We document such information to continually track and review the performance of Subaru products, services and dealers, always with the intentions of improving as an organization.

Sincerely,

John J. Mergen
    Subaru of America, Inc.
    Customer/Dealer Services Department
    1-800-SUBARU3 (1-800-782-2783)
    Service Request #1-209168917

Quote Originally Posted by perfusionista View Post
    Interesting. I went onto mysubaru.com to look this up and I noticed a discrepancy. The schedule, as on the chart you link to, is an oil change at 3,000 miles then at 7,500, 15,000, 22,500 (ie 7,500 mile intervals) etc. But when you select a preferred dealer then the schedule changes to the dealer's recommended schedule. All of a sudden, oil changes are listed at 3,750 mile intervals (as you have listed)!
    They justify this by claiming it's some sort of "locally adjusted" schedule to account for varying conditions. I'd bet good money that every dealer in the country recommends oil changes at twice the manufacturer's rate because of "local conditions"...
    Subaru listed some schedule change awhile ago that recommended changing oil at half the suggested interval (7500/2=3750) because the oil mesh screens going to your turbo can "clog" and cause damage. Also true of the 2 screens in your AVCS. People seem to not really pay attention to this "problem" though, and often time just remove the screens all together. The quote of 3750 miles per oil change is legit though, from subaru...just not sure how many people pay attention to it. http://store.forcedperformance.net/m.../02-103-07.pdf

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.