Factory Recommended Service Schedule - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Factory Recommended Service Schedule within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by psychobooe Nice list Ralph. I've been keeping up with most of my maintenance like the obvious oil ...

Quote Originally Posted by psychobooe View Post
    Nice list Ralph. I've been keeping up with most of my maintenance like the obvious oil changes and tire rotations. I've changed my tranny/diff fluid every 30K also. However, I've only changed my fuel filter and PCV valve once.
    One other thing I noticed that I need to address is the power steering fluid. I have almost 85K and I've never changed it. Is it difficult? Know of any write-ups?
    Thanks again.

psycho
    I'm pretty much in the same boat. Quick question on the fuel filter for everybody......I have heard that on the 05's it is connected to the fuel pump, inside the tank. Is this correct? I have looked for replacement filters and all i can ever find is the one for an 02/03. Any ideas?
    Russ - 2005 WRB Wagon
    Cobb Stage 2 and other stuff….

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by bbpuppet View Post
    I'm pretty much in the same boat. Quick question on the fuel filter for everybody......I have heard that on the 05's it is connected to the fuel pump, inside the tank. Is this correct? I have looked for replacement filters and all i can ever find is the one for an 02/03. Any ideas?
    yes it is inside of the fuel tank and is connected to the fuel pump... i ordered mine from jscspeed.com
    i think it was like 10 bucks
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Quote Originally Posted by perfusionista View Post
    Interesting. I went onto mysubaru.com to look this up and I noticed a discrepancy. The schedule, as on the chart you link to, is an oil change at 3,000 miles then at 7,500, 15,000, 22,500 (ie 7,500 mile intervals) etc. But when you select a preferred dealer then the schedule changes to the dealer's recommended schedule. All of a sudden, oil changes are listed at 3,750 mile intervals (as you have listed)!
    They justify this by claiming it's some sort of "locally adjusted" schedule to account for varying conditions. I'd bet good money that every dealer in the country recommends oil changes at twice the manufacturer's rate because of "local conditions"...
    im really not sure... i use amsoil signature series 0w-30 and it says i can go 17,500 miles b4 changing the oil... i usually only go about 8-10k tho
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    POST WH0RE KING

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rr1911 View Post
    im really not sure... i use amsoil signature series 0w-30 and it says i can go 17,500 miles b4 changing the oil... i usually only go about 8-10k tho
    I hope your changing the filter at least once durring that OIC period.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Banned
    This should be sticky

Quote Originally Posted by Not-EWRX View Post
    This should be sticky
    Its already been stickied in your glovebox. For the people who can read their owners manual.
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

subaru by me wanted 200 bucks to just do the transmission service. thats not including the rear diff. that would have been another 100

Welcome to the dealer bending you over, or any car repair shop for that fact. A good reason to learn how to DIY
    2005 WRB WRX "was" STAGE 2

Quote Originally Posted by jeffmm06 View Post
    Welcome to the dealer bending you over, or any car repair shop for that fact. A good reason to learn how to DIY
    exactly. i asked them for kicks because i had my car in there for a strange noise coming from the trans. they tell me that they dont hear anything but you might want to get your fluid drained and flushed (mind you i had just done it a week ago)

i asked them how much and was like yeah no thanks lol

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by danscoobywagon View Post
    exactly. i asked them for kicks because i had my car in there for a strange noise coming from the trans. they tell me that they dont hear anything but you might want to get your fluid drained and flushed (mind you i had just done it a week ago)

i asked them how much and was like yeah no thanks lol
    I wouldn't let someone put crappy oem tranny fluid in the car anyway

yeah, i made that mistake at 30k

You can also get that info, recalls and other data from my.subaru.com

Quote Originally Posted by encryptedzion View Post
    You can also get that info, recalls and other data from my.subaru.com
    true
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    POST WH0RE KING

I Support ClubWRX
    I have added this info to the stick at the top of the forum via donkeys link.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Wrinklechops
    Where did you get this info? I am interested because I just got off the phone with my Subaru dealer regarding the 60k service and the fuel filter. Your list says on the 02-05 that it needs to be changed every 30k... but the Subaru dealer I just talked to (and some local tuners and tuner shops) all say that the 2005 (my car) fuel filter is good for the lifetime of the car and only needs to be replaced if your pump goes out or something.

It's really frustrating to me because I ordered a Walbro 255 pump because it said it was the "installation kit which includes a new filter" which is BOGUS because all it comes with is a dinky square pre-filter sock and not the actual filter that I need. But if Subaru says you don't need to ever replace it, why is it listed on some 30k and 60k lists? Ugh. I am about to go tear apart my car and take out my pump and then put this Walbro in I just wish I had a filter too...

Stupid Subaru for doing this confusing 2005 deal with the filter being relocated to the tank

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast