HELP!! CEL troubles.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on HELP!! CEL troubles. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So i have been having some issues with a CEL light recently. I have taken it into the dealer 3 ...

HELP!! CEL troubles.

So i have been having some issues with a CEL light recently. I have taken it into the dealer 3 times now to have them fix it.

First time got code was
    P2442, they said the problem was "secondary air injection valve stuck open bank 2" they claim to have checked it and said that it worked.
    They reset the ECU and said it was an error.

one week later

Second time, same code P2442,
    reason for the code this time, "secondary air pump seizure (output incorrect)"
    This time they replaced the air pump.

one week after getting car back second time

again code P2442 again about a week after getting the car back.
    All they did this time was reset the ECU stating that it was just an error.

Some ideas here would be great. I am getting sick of taking the car in to subaru. I guess i should have stated that all of this was done at the subaru dealer under warranty. Im just getting tired of taking it in every other week.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

So a little update, just got back from the Subaru dealer. Again they have my car. I had it for a little less than a week, probably put 150 miles on the car this week and woke up this morning to find that he CEL was on again.
    Same code, hopefully they will find a fix this time, as this is the 4th time it has been in with the same code and the problem has yet to be resolved.

Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Exclamation Same Issue - 06 WRX Sedan

I know this post was kind of old. But I am having the same issue with my 06 sedan. My mechanic at the subaru dealer is a friend of mine, and good at his job, but he is stumped as well. Said that when he tested the voltage from the power supply to the pump he got no reading so it could be a fuse, but he ran out of time diagnosing it yesterday. Told me to bring it back when I have 'a day or 2 that I won't need the car.' When the heck is that?!? Anyway, if you ever nailed down the cause/solution for this I would certainly appreciate an update. Maybe I can at least point him in the right direction. Thanks in advance.

- Sean

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.