2007 WRX Throw out bearing...

This is a discussion on 2007 WRX Throw out bearing... within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok so i drive a 07 WRX TR as you may have guessed. It has roughly 16k miles on it ...

2007 WRX Throw out bearing...

Ok so i drive a 07 WRX TR as you may have guessed. It has roughly 16k miles on it and has thus far been great. Only mods installed are STi pink springs, spt front strut brace, and SPT Short ram. Here within the past two weeks when i first crank my car in the mornings everything sounds normal until i push in the clutch. Between the fully engaged and fully disengaged clutch, the car makes a kinda squeaky belt sound. It really sounds identical to a loose belt. I know it has to be my throwout bearing. Is this normal for the wrx? I really wanna know if this is something wrong so that i can get it back for warranty work. Any suggestions?
    BTW the car will stop making the noise after about 5 minutes of driving around.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i had my clutch replaced today and my car was doing thesame thing, ill let you know what the techs say soon.
    Cobb stage 2 WRB 2006 WRX

Mine does the same thing and I have 34,000 miles on her now... I really wouldn't be to alarmed..it is definetly the throwout bearing...but you should be good for a good while...Subaru's are just squeeky,creeky, noisey vehicles and to me it adds character to them...so try not to sweat it.

Well thats kinda good to know. I also wanted to know if you guys ever hear any slight knocking sounds in the rear differential when backing up. Its very minimal, i was just curious. I do notice that the mechanics of the car do make alot of noise, but its kinda enjoyable. My 07 engine noise sounds very beastly when all the windows are rolled up.

that is however not normal esp since you only have 16k on the car, I'd take it into the dealer before it becomes a bigger issue since I don't see how this wouldn't be covered under warranty.