wastegate issuse
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on wastegate issuse within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; when i am accelerating through 3rd gear, at about 4-5k rpms, i hear a pop and a sudden jerk. my ...

wastegate issuse

when i am accelerating through 3rd gear, at about 4-5k rpms, i hear a pop and a sudden jerk. my check engine light comes on and my cruise control light blinks. i took it to advacned and their computer says that Solenoid A in my wastegate disengaged or something along those lines after a couple days the engine light turns off. i have a short ram intake on the car, could the problem be just too much air flow that the stock wastegate can't handle and it is tripping itself? or something else, i have other after market parts on the car so subaru won't look at it unless it is back to stock specs...would maybe a BOV fix this issue?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ohsixwgnz View Post
    when i am accelerating through 3rd gear, at about 4-5k rpms, i hear a pop and a sudden jerk. my check engine light comes on and my cruise control light blinks. i took it to advacned and their computer says that Solenoid A in my wastegate disengaged or something along those lines after a couple days the engine light turns off. i have a short ram intake on the car, could the problem be just too much air flow that the stock wastegate can't handle and it is tripping itself? or something else, i have other after market parts on the car so subaru won't look at it unless it is back to stock specs...would maybe a BOV fix this issue?
    List all of your mods compleatly. Sounds like a fuel cut from over boosting. Do you have any sort of boost control. Have you messed with any of the boost lines.

just intake and exhaust now, was running stage 2 with cobb AP but it is back to stock because i had to replace the clutch about a month ago. other than that, unless some of the subaru guys tampered with stuff nothing else has been changed

Quote Originally Posted by ohsixwgnz View Post
    No, no, no. A BOV will make it worse.

Definitely sounds like boost cut. I hope you have a 02-03. otherwise a tune or put your stock intake box back on right now.
    Has it done it since?
    Was it cold out?
    If your CEL and Cruise flashed that = very bad. Probably boost cut or a violent knock or det.

No the stock wastegate works the opposite way. If there was something wrong you would only have 7-9 psi.

The definite fix GET A PROTUNE !

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.