Wierd intercooler noise...please help ASAP.

This is a discussion on Wierd intercooler noise...please help ASAP. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey guys, so this is the deal. i just put on the perrin cel-fix to get my emmisions done. i ...

Wierd intercooler noise...please help ASAP.

hey guys, so this is the deal. i just put on the perrin cel-fix to get my emmisions done. i had to remove the intercooler to put this on. ever since i put the car back together it was been making a loud air releasing noise from the engine bay. i know it is turbo related because it only happens when the turbo is boosting and the more boost, the louder it is. it sounds like i just left one of the intercooler hoses undone but it's not...i checked everything. has anyone else run into this after removing the intercooler? any ideas would be great.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

One or more of your clamps may be loose....or the hose's may not be on all the way
    (business closed)

I Support ClubWRX
    Are you sure you got the IC seated all the way...both on the back and the side? The clamps could be just concealing the fact that your connectors aren't all the way over the lip seal.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

hey thanks a lot guys for your replies. I am almost embarrassed to tell you what it was. but i will anyway, I must have loosened the hose clamp on the tube that connects the intercooler to the intake monifold (the clamp towards the front of the car) and didn't tighten it back. i don't even know why i lossened it in the first place. it was just me being a dumb ass. thanks again.

I Support ClubWRX
    Glad you found the source. We've all done something like this a time or two in our lives I'm sure.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums