Subaru did NOT honor my warranty 5yr/60k-SOA claims low oil culprit
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Subaru did NOT honor my warranty 5yr/60k-SOA claims low oil culprit within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Dont know if this is the right spot to post this, but if not mod can you please move to ...

Exclamation Subaru did NOT honor my warranty 5yr/60k-SOA claims low oil culprit

Dont know if this is the right spot to post this, but if not mod can you please move to correct forum.
    If everyone could please read my blog about my exprience/on going with Subaru and SOA. And if you could please leave a comment. Please pass to friends, family, who ever.
    As an update to my blog I still havent heard anything from the dealership nor Subaru of America. As Subaru owners I dont believe we should be treated this way. Also for my car being in the shop Subaru offered me, verbal, for me to rent a car. And they will pay up to $30/day for 5 days THATS it. Why should I take there word on this verbal aggreement if they cant take mine about me maintaining my car. if you read my blog you'll understand everything.
    BIG Thanks to everyone who leaves me a comment and helps me fight back!!

http://brokesubaru.blogspot.com/

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    I think i've read this story before.... :-(

I Support ClubWRX
    Sorry to hear about your issues. Please keep us poste. I edited the title of the thread to "may" rather than "will" since the issue is still unresolved.

BTW...if you anticipate handling this legally at a later date, be careful what you post.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ20WRX2005
    The service manger then requested for all my oil change receipts...
    Did you have all service records and receipts for every procedure required according to the owner's manual?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Did you have all service records and receipts for every procedure required according to the owner's manual?
    nope I did not have them. Why does it matter if I did, b/c the service manager told me even IF i did have them, when the regiona service manager came in to look at the damage, it wouldnt mean that 100% everything would be taken care of, IE covered under my warranty. Not to mention they pulled the motor and didnt find anything wrong that I did. The service manager at the dealership then told me, they had no idea what caused the motor to blow, and that "when the motor was inspected by him and the regiona service manager, they could tell the motor was maintained"
    But if you read the blog, when I spoke to the manger/sup at SOA they told me if I DID have them this wouldnt have been a problem and my warranty would have been 100% covered.
    Not to be mean about it but who reads there owners manual? When I purchased the car the dealer never told me anything about this. Or to read the manual. I think its just a loop hole for subaru to get out of paying for it

Banned
    I've read every page of the manual. Believe it or not it actually has useful information...

I'm not preaching, cause I don't keep all my receipts and records....

But it's not a bad idea to keep a notebook or folder with all your service records and receipts... It at least proves that you take care of the car in a warranty issue or if you want to sell your car.

Bottom line is SOA sucks with warranties and treats customers like ****. Not all the time, but enough to make a stir....

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ20WRX2005 View Post
    nope I did not have them. Why does it matter if I did,
    Because you need to document that you have met all the warranty requirements with respect to routine maintenance.

b/c the service manager told me even IF i did have them, when the regiona service manager came in to look at the damage, it wouldnt mean that 100% everything would be taken care of, IE covered under my warranty.
    I can't speak for the service manager nor does it really matter what he told you. I suspect it was said in case there were modifications or abuse etc. but can't say. In any case, all that matters is the written agreement between you and SOA. He said/she said is secondary to that.

But if you read the blog, when I spoke to the manger/sup at SOA they told me if I DID have them this wouldnt have been a problem and my warranty would have been 100% covered.
    That sounds about right. If you can document all service as required by the manual they must honour their part of the agreement and perform repairs for any failure within the warranty period.

Not to be mean about it but who reads there owners manual?
    Not to be mean either, but in general, the owner's manual is meant for owners to read.

When I purchased the car the dealer never told me anything about this. Or to read the manual. I think its just a loop hole for subaru to get out of paying for it
    I disagree. I hope your car is repaired free of charge and I hope it is done tomorrow morning, early. I think, from what you've said, that if they do repair it free of charge it require good will from SOA though, since there's no documentation that the car has been maintained. If there are modifications, that'd add to the amount of good will SOA will need to come up with (they aren't famous for it, frankly).

I think diplomacy is a decent approach, and hope it all resolves in your favour.
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Banned
    you may have said it and we just missed it but...

is your car stock? Honestly now too! :-) we don't judge.

The service manager at the dealership then told me, they had no idea what caused the motor to blow, and that "when the motor was inspected by him and the regiona service manager, they could tell the motor was maintained"
    That's your ticket to getting your car covered man, throw this guy under the bus. Tell Subaru what he said and go from there. I was in your EXACT position 4-5 years back. Was missing ONE oil change receipt and they refused to warranty my car after 4 months of going back and forth with them, so I told them what the service manager told me about my car showing no signs of abuse/neglect, immaculate, obviously cared for etc. etc. They put up a bit of a fight but they eventually agreed and covered everything after I told them he said that. It may not have even been the reason, they could have just been sick of listening to me every day, but they agreed shortly after I told them this. Not guaranteeing it will work for you, but it did for me so it's worth a shot. Just be persistent, and remember there's always someone higher up in the company that you can speak to.

Just a bit of advice for the future:

All, and I do mean ALL car/warranty companies will do WHATEVER it takes to get out of paying for things. ALWAYS read every single word of your warranty info before you sign it so you know what you're getting into. The "sorry you don't have service receipts," excuse isn't just Subaru, that's something that every car/warranty company will try and fall back on and if that doesn't work, they'll go for whatever other loophole they can find. Live and learn I guess, sucks you had to learn the hard way but you'll know next time

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverScooby02 View Post
    The "sorry you don't have service receipts," excuse isn't just Subaru, that's something that every car/warranty company will try and fall back on and if that doesn't work, they'll go for whatever other loophole they can find.
    Sorry but it's not a loophole. The warranty requires documented maintenance, so service or parts receipts are an integral part of the agreement.

I Support ClubWRX
    This is nothing new and nothing that just about any other car company requires the owner to do.

Produce some sort of record showing that ATLEAST oil changes were done.

I agree with SD_GR that they are fine saying it might not be covered even with receipts because they are unsure of if it is "abuse" related or "mod" related. Them telling you once you show them the receipt you are "in the clear" would be just as irresponsible.

I'd hold your horses until you find out what truly is or isnt going to be fixed under warranty.

Keep your receipts.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Sorry but it's not a loophole. The warranty requires documented maintenance, so service or parts receipts are an integral part of the agreement.
    Last time I checked "loopholes" werent always clearly wrote out in your owners manual. Loopholes are usually misrepesentation of words or lack or addition of certain words.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    Last time I checked "loopholes" werent always clearly wrote out in your owners manual. Loopholes are usually misrepesentation of words or lack or addition of certain words.
    I see your point. I hope the OP's car is fixed, especially if it is not modified. It'd be a real shame if the OP had to pay out of pocket for a stock car properly maintained. I've heard of SOA doing good will repairs in the past, and hopefully they'll do it again. Other companies sure do -- Honda comes to mind, they fixed a number of auto transmissions out of warranty since the failure trend was known to them a few years ago. Great advertising for the company and the owners are happy again.

I never said it was. I said they will try to fall back on that excuse, and if you produce receipts then they will try for whatever other loopholes they may be able to find.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverScooby02 View Post
    I never said it was. I said they will try to fall back on that excuse, and if you produce receipts then they will try for whatever other loopholes they may be able to find.
    Ah, OK I got it now.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast