Subaru did NOT honor my warranty 5yr/60k-SOA claims low oil culprit - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on Subaru did NOT honor my warranty 5yr/60k-SOA claims low oil culprit within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; wanna talk about ouch and this is why I am *****ing for so long, just got off the phone w/the ...

Thumbs down

wanna talk about ouch and this is why I am *****ing for so long, just got off the phone w/the dealer. I asked for a list of parts and labor costs.
    they want to charge me $3003.99 for parts, and 2232 for labor. They want 24 hours to do this job! Grand total of $5235.99 oh yeah + tax. WoW!! Damn forgot to ask if that comes with KY!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by EJ20WRX2005 View Post

wanna talk about ouch and this is why I am *****ing for so long, just got off the phone w/the dealer. I asked for a list of parts and labor costs.
    they want to charge me $3003.99 for parts, and 2232 for labor. They want 24 hours to do this job! Grand total of $5235.99 oh yeah + tax. WoW!! Damn forgot to ask if that comes with KY!!
    Thats about what mine was. so not too bad.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

Any thought of taking it to a private subaru shop? You'll probably get raped less and if it's a subaru shop you'll probably get someone who knows more about what they are doing.

Thank god they build decent cars because their warranty is a complete joke.

Another

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT View Post
    Thats about what mine was. so not too bad.
    Unfortunately, given today's rates and parts cost, I would have to agree here in that this is an average price for a dealer to install a new engine.

Going to a "good" shop is still going to cost about the same, unless you can find a used stock or semi-built motor here or on nasioc. The labor is still going to be about that much regardless of who you use (unless you have some friends that are handy with a wrench).
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT View Post
    They found my pics, mod list, etc through my license plate, etc. Not too many WRX's look like mine.

But yes, you pay to play. I hold no ill feelings towards SOA, as you can see I bought an 08 regardless.
    Nice to see this attitude...very rare from what I've seen.

OT...when did you get the new hatch
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07 View Post
    Nice to see this attitude...very rare from what I've seen.

OT...when did you get the new hatch
    If my car was stock, then i'd have an issue, but if you're going to mod than you have to accept the consequences. The dealership was very helpful, I didn't get lectured nor did they try to rip me off on parts/labor and so I gave them my business on the 08.

I take delivery today or tomorrow. There is a thread:
    Is it possible? First 2008 Lightning Red WRX owner on cWRX & Nasioc?
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

hmm...how the tides have turned...So this morning before work I went into the dealership with my friend (Thanks Jon) who is a Nissan Mechanic. He asked to see the motor not to mention asked how much oil was low. Dealer told me 1 quart. Common when does 1 quart to cause a motor to blow? anywho, we were lookin at the motor (in pieces) and going down the parts list when we came to part that was in question and he wanted to inspect it, and guess what the mechanic that broke down my motor said" Oh it was seized on another part, and all messed up so I threw it away!" not good.
    So it looks like im back to talking to SOA. Not to mention if the mechanic that tore down my motor documented over a month ago that the motor was "1 quart" low on oil, hows come they are just tellin me this? Why didnt they tell me this the first week it was in there and they dropped the oil pan??

I Support ClubWRX
    hmm...how the tides have turned...So this morning before work I went into the dealership with my friend (Thanks Jon) who is a Nissan Mechanic. He asked to see the motor not to mention asked how much oil was low. Dealer told me 1 quart. Common when does 1 quart to cause a motor to blow? anywho, we were lookin at the motor (in pieces) and going down the parts list when we came to part that was in question and he wanted to inspect it, and guess what the mechanic that broke down my motor said" Oh it was seized on another part, and all messed up so I threw it away!" not good.
    So it looks like im back to talking to SOA. Not to mention if the mechanic that tore down my motor documented over a month ago that the motor was "1 quart" low on oil, hows come they are just tellin me this? Why didnt they tell me this the first week it was in there and they dropped the oil pan??
    Good for you. Since you have doubts and are confident in your maintenance, this is exactly what you should be doing. I would find it very suspicious if they threw away any parts from a car where there is a known dispute as to the warranty. Keep us updated.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07 View Post
    Good for you. Since you have doubts and are confident in your maintenance, this is exactly what you should be doing. I would find it very suspicious if they threw away any parts from a car where there is a known dispute as to the warranty. Keep us updated.
    +1
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Thumbs down

ok so far I only found 1 part that was tossed, but did tell the dealership that I WANT all the parts back afterwards along with SOA. SOA said they will pay for the short block ONLY. So another words I am stuck payin for labor and whatever parts are needed! BLah at this point, I am tired of dealing with SOA, Regional service manager, and the dealership. I understand if this was a BMW 8 series, but common subaru, its not even a STI.
    So in the past 3 weeks I have gotten them to shave off $300, at this rate my car will get paid off before Subaru pays for everything! To me, thats a company who doesnt know how to run customer service. I have ran my business for over 4 years, and still have customers with me from day 1. (most of them 80%) Those who have stuck with me, I give deals, cut breaks etc. Not to mention when they get me more business I take care of them, because face it (which subaru hasnt) customers MAKE YOUR COMPANY!! With out them, you dont have one! (Nor pay the bank/bills)
    I even confronted SOA about the dealership throwing away stuff and they acted like "so whats the big deal" I have been treated like ****, taken advantage of, and lied to for the past 6+ weeks. Getting this far I feel like nothing will change.
    I think at this point I will just pay them, and afterwards keep writing (on a weekly basis) a letter to the VP of customer loyalty explaining how I have been treated. B/C To me this is a load of **** that no one should deal with. I work 14 hour days 6+ days a week, not to mention other stuff, the last thing I want to do with my free time (15mins of lunch, if I can talk with my mouth full) is spend it dealing with ****y customer service that you have to call 2x a day, and wait over a week to get any kind of ****ing call back!!! If I pulled that crap with my clients, I would be broke and homeless!!
    I dont feel like my request to subaru was so demanding, fix whats broke, the end. They couldnt even do that! The dealership tried to say that I was racing my car, when I told them to run my VIN, tear apart my car RIGHT NOW to find any slips, they right away shut up. Because in the end, they know that car shouldnt have failed, it was not moded, raced, **** I wouldnt even smoke in it. When I wanted to smoke, I stopped somewhere (not a gas station) and had a smoke. Then went on my way afterwards.
    I guess the dealership/SOA can break out the KEG and joyce since they won, isnt that what they wanted? To screw the little guy? Im done, Im tired of wasting my 1 day off dealing with phone calls, lies, and waiting on hold.

Man I Have The Same Problem You Do. I Recieved A Phone Call From Timmons Subaru About My Warranty Not Being Approved. Same Exact Problem Rod Knock On Cylinder 3, Also I Had All My Service Records Barely Had The Car For 5 Months. Instead Of Saying I Used The Wrong Oil Like They Have Said To You, They Said I Used An Aftermarket Oil Filter....wtf Is That???? I Didnt Use It...ez Lube Put It On For Me. Idk Man My Car Has Been There For Over Two Months. Now I Have To Call Soa And Try To Complain To Get The Warranty Overturned. I Dont Get It Why Is It So Hard To Approve A Warranty...this **** Wasnt Even My Fault. My Car Is Completely Stock!!! I Dont Know If I Should Waste My Time With The Corporate Company *soa* Complaining. They Are Trying To Charge Me 4500 For The Short Block And 1500 For Labor. Comes Out To 6gs, Which I Dont Have. I Have No Problem Paying For Labor, But A Extra 4500 Thats Going To Leave A Fat Hole In My Pocket. What Should I Do? Try To Get It Resolved Through Soa Or Just Cut To The Chase...buy A Shortblock From A Wreck Yard And Let Another Shop Put It In For Me? This Warranty Bull**** Is Giving Me Headache.

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm wondering if both of you guys could scan your subara related communications from SOA and the dealership and post them up here. I'm curious to see the other side of the story.

Oh yeah...What Is With The Caps On All Of The First Letters?????
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Bounce View Post
    also, a folder of maint records can add to the resale value of a car.

any time they've asked if i had "my records", i've responded with a cheery "SURE!" followed with a waiving of an "accordian folder" of ever bolt on, every quart of oil, and every service done (with date and odo reading written on each) along with a log sheet showing each maintenance of accessory.

at that point, they've never once asked to dig into the folder as they know they don't stand a chance at using it as a way out of honoring their end of the contract.

btw: that folder can become quite extensive after nearly 80k miles of ownership.
    I've had exactly the same experience!

I too keep all records in a binder organized by date (from July 2002 when I purchased the car new to now).

I've never had an issue of warranty denial by the dealer even though I do my own maintenance. I offer the binder, they say "no thanks," I leave. It's the way to go IMO. I'm out of warranty now but I still keep up the folder, and it's quite thick at this point. Whoever buys my car some day will get the folder plus several boxes of old parts (I also keep all the old items removed from the car, even the filters and crush washers. I haven't had a chance to look into some sort of treatment I could receive for this sort of thing).
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.