Subaru did NOT honor my warranty 5yr/60k-SOA claims low oil culprit - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Subaru did NOT honor my warranty 5yr/60k-SOA claims low oil culprit within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; For like 4k you can get an STi block with foged pistons. :-/ But you gotta remember, the subie dealer ...

Banned
    For like 4k you can get an STi block with foged pistons. :-/

But you gotta remember, the subie dealer is charging you retail price. They're going to charge you a huge markup for anything they order, including that motor. And dealership labor is always high.

If I were you I'd find a local, highly rated performance shop and go to them. they'll help you find a new block and the labor will at worst be the same.

You can probably do a pretty moderate STi build for what your Subie dealer is charging you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

BBB has been informed, they even released a whole thing saying subaru impreza is the most lemoned car blah blah.....This is subaru, they are known for this its nothing new, go read the rest of the clubs bad expiriences. Good luck in your situation specially since your car is stock I feel bad for you. In most other cases theres always some sort of abuse or modifications.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blup View Post
    For like 4k you can get an STi block with foged pistons. :-/

But you gotta remember, the subie dealer is charging you retail price. They're going to charge you a huge markup for anything they order, including that motor. And dealership labor is always high.

If I were you I'd find a local, highly rated performance shop and go to them. they'll help you find a new block and the labor will at worst be the same.

You can probably do a pretty moderate STi build for what your Subie dealer is charging you.
    I have thought about it, but once this is fixed I am going to sell it! So once I get it back, you should see a post on here. BTW I live in NW indiana, and thinkin to sell it for $20,200, thats with the new short block, which comes with a 24k mile warranty! No time frame, well thats what the dealership told me, but I am going to get it in writing for the next owner!

Banned
    Good luck, whatever you plan on doing. Sadly your story isn't unusual...

wow, so once again, no call back. So I attempted to contact SOA/my go to person, and what do you know, she was gone for the day! So now I am writing an email, along with filing a complaint to better business bureau.
    I have also updated my blog so that everything is doc.
    http://brokesubaru.blogerspot.com
    If you guys can please add comments to my updates, you dont have to leave a name or email address. just your thoughts
    thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by EJ20WRX2005 View Post
    wow, so once again, no call back. So I attempted to contact SOA/my go to person, and what do you know, she was gone for the day! So now I am writing an email, along with filing a complaint to better business bureau.
    I have also updated my blog so that everything is doc.
    http://brokesubaru.blogerspot.com
    If you guys can please add comments to my updates, you dont have to leave a name or email address. just your thoughts
    thanks!
    brokesubaru, more like brokelink

Quote Originally Posted by efmd3 View Post
    brokesubaru, more like brokelink

sorry been lil pissed today, had to go out and drink REAL link is
    http://brokesubaru.blogspot.com/
    You can only take so much bull**** till your shoulder deep

well you might want to change the title of the thread, I got the word last week from the regional service rep, and he now states that this all happend due to lack of oil. (He came to this conclusion after looking at pictures of the motor) Not bad, only took 1 regional service rep, 1 service manager, and who knows how many mechanics to see I was "probably" low on oil to determine this was the cause!! A+ guys, keep up the good work, whats next? Low windshield wiper fluid? (which I checked before I had it taken to them)
    Anyways, I wrote a letter to the VP of customer loyality last week and havent heard anything.
    At this point I am just going to cut my losses and fix then sell it. I am tired of dealing with the lies and crap!
    Want to thank everyone for there input and/or comments.

"The End"
    Last edited by EJ20WRX2005; 10-30-2007 at 11:14 AM.

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    I feel your pain, man. I know we only read the horror stories on here but when I hear the explanations SOA gives these people it seriously drifts me away from Subaru...
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

well you might want to change the title of the thread, I got the word last week from the regional service rep, and he now states that this all happend due to lack of oil. (He came to this conclusion after looking at pictures of the motor) Not bad, only took 1 regional service rep, 1 service manager, and who knows how many mechanics to see I was "probably" low on oil to determine this was the cause!! A+ guys, keep up the good work, whats next? Low windshield wiper fluid? (which I checked before I had it taken to them)
    Anyways, I wrote a letter to the VP of customer loyality last week and havent heard anything.
    At this point I am just going to cut my losses and fix then sell it. I am tired of dealing with the lies and crap!

"The End"
    Just so you know SOA is aware of this thread. They quoted my post in it when denying my warranty claim on my car.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT View Post
    Just so you know SOA is aware of this thread. They quoted my post in it when denying my warranty claim on my car.

thats cool I guess, then they can see why I am so pissed b/c the fact I was quoted 3k for a short block not to mention I have been told so many different stories, from regional service reps and service managers. I can seiously scream.
    I feel like I have not been taken seriously. All I wanted was this to be fixed. I didnt ask for them to pay for my month train pass ($189.70) The gas money I gave to everyone who took me to the train, nor any thing else that I had to deal with for over the past month of not having my car. Just poof fix it! It was never moded, complete stock, daily driver.
    I dont feel like I was being unreasonable when asking for them to cover a warranty that came with a car. I just feel at this point (no offense to you guys) that subaru looks at WRX owners and think they beat the crap out of em, race, and put aftermarket parts on em. TRUST me; I wanted to do it, even hung around the site and learned alot for a couple of months. Then thought, ok..I drive this everyday not to mention I depend of this car to pick up my daughter. I cant be having it in the shop for over a month due to the fact I decided to upgrade to a prodrive kit. Maybe I wouldnt be so pissed/in fact I wouldnt be. If I did mod it, then I would only have myself to blame for my problems. But this isnt the case by far.

BTW I dont care if they read this thread, I sent SOA a link to my blog, not to mention Chicago Tribune (whom I work for), I sent/told some of the editors there of my situation. A guy in networking was getting ready to buy a STI, now his is gettin an Evo. He even told me, I wish I never said a word to him about this, b/c he still rather get the STI
    Last edited by EJ20WRX2005; 10-30-2007 at 11:41 AM. Reason: more info

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx View Post
    BBB has been informed, they even released a whole thing saying subaru impreza is the most lemoned car blah blah.....This is subaru, they are known for this its nothing new, go read the rest of the clubs bad expiriences. Good luck in your situation specially since your car is stock I feel bad for you. In most other cases theres always some sort of abuse or modifications.
    Interesting. Do you have a link or something to this release? I'd like to read it.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

I Support ClubWRX

"The End"
    I know this has got to suck to have this happen. Especially when you maintained the car. I wonder what evidence they are aiming towards to indicate a low oil condition as the cause? Did they offer this to you? It would seem there would be something like burnished/melted/unseated bearings, discolored pistons/sleeves, etc.

I changed the title of the thread. Please let me know if it works for you.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT View Post
    Ouch...you mean they weren't aware of the modifications prior to that? Or did they site something different. I'm sure you noticed the OP sent a link of this thread to SOA yes? I'm sure you wish they would have taken care of it, but is sounds like you are realistic in that there is a point where you have to pay to play (so to speak...it still sucks regardless when stuff breaks)
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07 View Post
    Ouch...you mean they weren't aware of the modifications prior to that? Or did they site something different. I'm sure you noticed the OP sent a link of this thread to SOA yes? I'm sure you wish they would have taken care of it, but is sounds like you are realistic in that there is a point where you have to pay to play (so to speak...it still sucks regardless when stuff breaks)
    They found my pics, mod list, etc through my license plate, etc. Not too many WRX's look like mine.

But yes, you pay to play. I hold no ill feelings towards SOA, as you can see I bought an 08 regardless.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast