Subaru did NOT honor my warranty 5yr/60k-SOA claims low oil culprit - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Subaru did NOT honor my warranty 5yr/60k-SOA claims low oil culprit within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by 302@12psi "abuse" related or "mod" related. would taking a car to a track constitute abuse?...

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    "abuse" related or "mod" related.
    would taking a car to a track constitute abuse?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I am going through the same issue right now. My car is at the dealership w/ the motor removed. As of now my warranty is paying for the work, but we will see what happens when my mods come into question.

I do however have all of my maintenance receipts because I go to dealerships who keep that info on their computers. So that has helped me.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by efmd3 View Post
    Possibly. One of the exclusion clauses in my owner's manual mentions off-road use and/or racing.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Going off memory it states in your manual that it does and they wont cover it (in more or less words).

Anything that isnt "normal" on road driving is "abuse" per the policy.

They dont sell you a track ready car. They sell you a street car.

Hopefully if the OP kept up maintance and didnt abuse the car that they cover it. No reason not to really.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Possibly. One of the exclusion clauses in my owner's manual mentions off-road use and/or racing.
    Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    Going off memory it states in your manual that it does and they wont cover it (in more or less words).

Anything that isnt "normal" on road driving is "abuse" per the policy.

They dont sell you a track ready car. They sell you a street car.

Hopefully if the OP kept up maintance and didnt abuse the car that they cover it. No reason not to really.
    I thank you both

I Support ClubWRX
    I thank you both
    You're welcome!
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Blup View Post
    you may have said it and we just missed it but...

is your car stock? Honestly now too! :-) we don't judge.
    yup complete stock, I work downtown chicago, so i do alot of driving. this is my main car. I told my self that I would not do anything to it to keep my warranty, b/c I knew I need this car/depend on it to get me around chicago etc and to see my clients

Banned
    wow. soyou're just gettinh osed :-/

Quote Originally Posted by Blup View Post
    wow. soyou're just gettinh osed :-/
    tell me about it, complete stock WRX, no MODS ever done, only 44k miles!! oh yeah and that call that I was susposed to get back from SOA on tuesday this week, still waiting and its 6pm CST thursday

What dealership is this at?

Also, no surprise. SOA is well known for their warranty being worth nothing. You want a good laugh go read up on user hillman at NASIOC(Another Chicagoland local).

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    What dealership is this at?

Also, no surprise. SOA is well known for their warranty being worth nothing. You want a good laugh go read up on user hillman at NASIOC(Another Chicagoland local).
    its not in chicago, its in NW indiana. Lets just say "close" to crown point, indiana.

I Support ClubWRX
    I do hope you get this resolved.

FYI...I've had nothing but good experiences with subaru warranty issues. I'd guess that for every 10 folks that have a good experience, there is 1 that doesn't...but the good experiences are never posted about like the bad experiences. Just current human nature.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07 View Post
    I do hope you get this resolved.

FYI...I've had nothing but good experiences with subaru warranty issues. I'd guess that for every 10 folks that have a good experience, there is 1 that doesn't...but the good experiences are never posted about like the bad experiences. Just current human nature.
    thanks. if you could please post a comment on my blog about your exprience with SOA.
    Anyone and everyone, good or bad. please post a comment. In a week I am going to send a letter to the president of marketing and give him that url blog.
    BTW Its friday I have still not recived my 24-48 hour call from SOA, SINCE LAST WEEK Thursday, unless you count the fact I called them b/c I got tired of waiting on Monday. Even then I was told I would be given a call the next day....phones must be broke over there!!

update

Just as an update Subaru still hasnt called me so tomorrow 22nd of Oct, I will call them since it has been a week!!
    Oh yeah and from many complaints from my friends, family, random peeps...i made it so that you dont have to have a google account to post a comment, so its anonymous.
    Thanks again to the community

Ok so I called SOA, and they said they will get back to me today...yeah ok. Afterwards I stopped by the dealership. I asked for #1 is my car broke down. They informed me yes. 2nd Why I am payin 3k for a short block when it only costs 1812 on all data. And why am I payin 2k in labor when it should only be 1k=14.9 hours according to all data (its what real truthful mechanics use) There answer was they are chargin me for time to figure out whats wrong/break the motor down. BUT wait, isnt that part of the 14.9 hours?? so what the dealership is really telling me is that they are chargin me 2 break downs!!
    When all this started I asked the dealer, "what the worst case this will cost me?" Service manager replied "we dont like to use the scare tactic, and give a high estimate" Cool enough said, I agree.
    Then tell me why today when I went in, and asked for a list of parts I need he couldnt give it to me? (motor is broke down, they KNOW what needs to be replaced) I asked for it multi times. And when I mentioned that a short block doesnt cost 3k, and all data says it should only take 14.9 hours. His reply was b/c they like to over shoot the price, b/c then they can subtract cost, unstead of adding and "hidden" cost that might scare the customer, but that makes no sense what he told me 3 week + ago. Sounds like someone is changing there tune!!
    I love my Subaru, TO DEATH!! I wouldnt buy any other car, but after all this ****in bull**** with SOA and the dealership, at this point I dont think I would even TAKE A FREE STI or even a STI ESX!
    I am not 12 years old, I know what **** cost. Not to mention My friend is a mechanic for Nissan for the past 10 years!! I guess my next person I have to take this up with is the Better business bureau. Not to mention I work for a very large Newspaper!! Lets just say we own a chicago baseball team! Enough said. They are always lookin for hot stories, I might just have one for them to cover why I am getting ripped off
    Last edited by EJ20WRX2005; 10-22-2007 at 11:56 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.