weird vibration at idle
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on weird vibration at idle within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 2005 wrx and recently i my car has been acting really odd. I was sitting in the ...

weird vibration at idle

I have a 2005 wrx and recently i my car has been acting really odd. I was sitting in the parking lot at work and the car started vibrating a ton. Like enough to where my hood scoop was actually shaking. when i revved it went a way. when i was driving home every stop light i got to it just kept vibrating violently. the only thing on my car right now is intake due to me getting a turbo swap and tune on friday. anyone else have this problem? (oh and yes i know my grammar sucks right now...im very tired)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

could be as simple as a vac. leak causing idle problems.

Not sure about the WRX, but a friend had a similar problem with his Infiniti. Whenever he stopped the car would shake and I mean shake BAD, so bad that you had to use your oh **** handle just to stay in your seat. It ended up being something with his fuel pump, car wasn't getting any/enough gas and was trying to stall every time he stopped.

Not sure though, there are a ton of different shakes/vibrations that can be caused by a lot of things and it's a bit tough to tell unless you can sit in the car and feel it for yourself. His sounded similar though, shaking violently as you put it, plus his also went away when he revved it a bit.

Sorry, can't help ya much more than that
    Last edited by SilverScooby02; 10-17-2007 at 03:49 PM.

hmmz i have a 03 wrx wagon and it makes odd vibrations at idle sometimes aswell feels like you car is rocking side to side however it only does it sometimes and the rpms are never high when doing so.... i took mine in and had them look it over my maf was dirty cleaned it and that was their fix for it however it still does it from time to time

im on my second subaru right now and my last one was also an impreza and ive also experienced the car shaking a little. i heard it was normal for boxer engines or maybe its just normal for subaru boxer engines. theres def. something wrong though if yours is shaking that much. it sounds like it may be a vacuum leak or maybe your idle control needs adjusting or your maf sensor needs to be cleaned. i have the some problem but mine only does it when the cooling fans come on so thats what people told me could be wrong. also what grade gas do you use? i heard after using low grade gas for an extended period of time will cause your car to run rough.

DUB
    OP: Do you have a CEL?

Yeah it was the maf. Thanks everyone

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.