the dreaded CEL

This is a discussion on the dreaded CEL within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; so i threw a 0301 CEL, which translates to a misfire on cylinder 1. i have approx. 53k miles on ...

the dreaded CEL

so i threw a 0301 CEL, which translates to a misfire on cylinder 1. i have approx. 53k miles on my car, and i'm thinking that it might be the spark plugs. the only strange thing is that i had my car protuned in may, and a few weeks later it threw this code. reflashed the same protuned map, and it went away. sure enough, it did it again, so i did the same thing hoping it would go away completely. oddly enough it did, until just a few days ago when it popped up again, several months after the last time. could this just be the spark plus needing to be changed, or is it a problem with the tune? i don't notice anything different at all, no knocking, loss of power, strange noises, etc. it just turned on one day as i was driving. TIA for any advice!
    bugeye mafia #116
    military militia #229
    super 16 powered...
    301 awhp
    261 awtq
    -a victim of the world becoming too soft.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I got the same problem, except it happen on all four cylinders; 0301, 0302,0303,0304. I replaced al four sparkplugs, and all four coilpacks. The damn "check engine" light is still there and all four cylinders is still misfirering. I checked the alternator, it read at 13.94 volts I think, which is a little bit under normal. I don't know if that is the case. So that my two cent, the only other thing is the MAF sensor which is located on the air box. Also there might be a low PSI boost on your turbo, but I can't even solve my own problem, that just what I gather from all the tech I talk to.