noob ?

This is a discussion on noob ? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; where can i find a DIY on brake pads on my 04 sti?...

noob ?

where can i find a DIY on brake pads on my 04 sti?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    They're a lot like any other brake setup but they have pins to deal with. You'll probably need something to push the pins in with. Other than that, straightforward. See here:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...ace+brake+pads
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Banned
    Remove wheel.

Look at caliper. There's two bolts holding it down. Loosen one, then the other, then take them both out.

Slide caliper off.

Take pads out

There's a metal backing that goes on the pads. Take that off your old pads. Put on new pads.

Insert pads.

The caliper pistons will be extended, how far depends on how worn your old pads were. You gotta push those back in. Don't hurt the pistons. It might take a wee bit of force but you can push them in with your fingers.

Slide caliper back on.

Put wheel back on.

Drive around and break in the brakes. You'll smell a stinky burning smell. That's normal.

I Support ClubWRX
    The Brembo units use cotter pins to locate cylindrical rods with holes in them. The caliper does not need to be removed. Once the pins are removed and the pads are "unstuck" it's downhill.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Banned
    oh you've got an STi. for some reason i missed that important detail.

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Blup View Post
    oh you've got an STi. for some reason i missed that important detail.

lol
    nice lol
    "Whatever it takes"

I Support ClubWRX
    http://www.scoobymods.com/index.php

Moving to General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Tutorials ...
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics