Punctured hose changing Oil Filter

This is a discussion on Punctured hose changing Oil Filter within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I had to use a strap wrench to loosen my oil filter while changing my oil today, and when it ...

Punctured hose changing Oil Filter

I had to use a strap wrench to loosen my oil filter while changing my oil today, and when it finally gave I hit the hose that is right next to the filter. It has a small pinhole in it now that I was able to do a temp fix on. I am assuming this is a coolant hose as the liquid was a neon green and smeeled of anti-freeze.

I have been searching on here, and looking online for a description on the part. But haven't been able to find anything. Anyone know the what the hose is, the Part #, or where to get it. I would just get some generic hose, but there is a 90 degree bend in it and would prefer getting the correct replacement part.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

call ur dealership or go in and u can probably get it there
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

my suby is the first car i've had where i've almost had to get out a strap wrench to get the oil filter off after i decided to do my own oil changes. all my others i hand tightened till it felt "right". the oem filter says to turn one complete turn once the gasket contacts the block. doesn't sound too tight but it snugs up quickly and is a lot tighter than i'm used to. anyone found their own trick?

sucks about the hole in the hose tho. doesn't sound like it will cost to much to replace. good luck.

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 06WRXturbo View Post
    my suby is the first car i've had where i've almost had to get out a strap wrench to get the oil filter off after i decided to do my own oil changes. all my others i hand tightened till it felt "right". the oem filter says to turn one complete turn once the gasket contacts the block. doesn't sound too tight but it snugs up quickly and is a lot tighter than i'm used to. anyone found their own trick?

sucks about the hole in the hose tho. doesn't sound like it will cost to much to replace. good luck.
    I use an old braided leather belt, coil it around the back and then pull the end while turning the filter with my other hand. It is the only way I have figured to do the 200sx which is a total PITA in comparison. The oil filter is way up behind the motor. I doubt I tighten it that much though.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Check out K&N filters. They have a nice 1" nut on the end for easy removal every time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    It must be on the Subway diet. Did you name it Jared?