rotor woes

This is a discussion on rotor woes within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i'm trying to take off the rotors so they can be turned, but i've never quite encountered a setup like ...

rotor woes

i'm trying to take off the rotors so they can be turned, but i've never quite encountered a setup like this. the nut that holds the whole hub assembly is bent inward on one spot so as to not back out. is there a special tool i need to have in order to take them off or is there a nice backwoods method that will get the job done?

also, i just bought an autometer boost guage. my electronic skills are less than stellar so if anyone has had any experience or if there's a write up, it would be much appreciated. i haven't started to install it so if anyone has any tips. i read the directions and they didn't do too much for me.

thanks.

-alex
    '07 wrx wagon:
    Cobb catback, cobb short ram with intake box, turbosmart small recirc valve, yellow tinted fogs.

little bit older and a little bit more jaded.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

never had issues with pulling off the rotors. just remember to lower your ebrake for the rears. thats the only thing i could see as being a problem

i'll take a picture and post it up tomorrow.
    '07 wrx wagon:
    Cobb catback, cobb short ram with intake box, turbosmart small recirc valve, yellow tinted fogs.

how about this; how did you take off the rotors?
    '07 wrx wagon:

You don't need to remove that nut to take off the rotors. The rotors just pull off of the hub. That nut you see there holds the hub on. Leave that alone. If the rotor is stuck due to rust age etc., get a rubber mallet and give the rotor a few good wacks in a circular pattern. That should "encourge" the rotor to come loose.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

ay, thank you very much.

i was slowly starting to realize that as i sat here thinking about it.
    '07 wrx wagon: