High Mileage Wrx
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on High Mileage Wrx within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I am a newbie to the wrx...I just bought an 02 for a good price with 112k on it. Obviously ...

High Mileage Wrx

I am a newbie to the wrx...I just bought an 02 for a good price with 112k on it. Obviously i would like to get as much use outta of the girl as i can. Id love to mod it, but id rather have a reliable car than a fast one. I searched around on the forums for a while and answered a few of my questions....however, what is any opinions on switching to full synthetic oil on a high mileage engine? Ive heard that it is better to use old fashioned "dino oil" in high mileage cars as long as you change the oil frequently. What about oil additives like lucas products to enhance viscousity? This car runs as good as any other wrx ive driven in my life and has no obvious problems, but any other ideas on keepin her runnin like a dream for many thousands of miles to come? Thanks!

Also, im going to reframe from any mods until im satisfied that the car is in perfect operating condition (the only reasons im not already is my lack of suby experiance and the high mileage) but one thing i have done to all of the cars i have owned (muscle cars) is replaced the stock restrictive airbox with a higher flow intake, it seems cobb makes a good one, but does this have any negative health effects on the car that anyone has noticed?
    Last edited by WRXtricky; 09-30-2007 at 09:46 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i would keep reg dino oil in there... i <3 lucas products
    the cobb short ram is a good choice imo
    welcome to the club
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Banned
    Good luck not moding. i would stay as far away from this site as posible if that is your goal.

The stock air box isn't all that restrictive and actually does a great job of grabbing cool air from the front of the car. If you're dying to make a first mod buy a used Cobb V1 AccessPort and flash Stage 1. It really wakes the 2.0 liter motors up.
    2006 WRX WRB Wagon
    Stage 2 Cobb catless DP and Borla Hush CBE
    *Total Loss*

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.