2002 wrx Bugeye Headlight Problem
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2002 wrx Bugeye Headlight Problem within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My driver side headlight is much brighter than my passenger side headlight. I can't seem to find a problem with ...

2002 wrx Bugeye Headlight Problem

My driver side headlight is much brighter than my passenger side headlight. I can't seem to find a problem with the wires. I can't find time to research this problem on 56k dail up.(takes forever) The headlights were replaced and put back into the car by someone else. Could anyone help me out with matching the wires and other solutions.

Also my curise control is unplugged and i cant figure out where it plugs into behind the dash? I looked everywhere for a missing connector but I have found nothing. The idiots that i purchased this car from to have them fix the first headlight problem (performance shop in Maryland) unplugged it for some reason and now it doesn't work.

My service engine light is also on. It was on since I purchased it. I'm tired of running it back to the place I purchased it and having them turn it off. It eventually comes back on. Anyone know of a place in York,PA where I can be told the real reason why it is on and not some story of aftermarket parts? Yeah lots of problems with this car. Not a happy customer.

Thanks
    Last edited by transfan0186; 09-30-2007 at 07:50 PM. Reason: missing information

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

DUB
    Quote Originally Posted by transfan0186 View Post
    My service engine light is also on. It was on since I purchased it. I'm tired of running it back to the place I purchased it and having them turn it off. It eventually comes back on. Anyone know of a place in York,PA where I can be told the real reason why it is on and not some story of aftermarket parts? Yeah lots of problems with this car. Not a happy customer.
    What is the "story of aftermarket parts" they tell you. Your check engine light is most likely caused by the aftermarket parts the previous owner installed (uppipe/downpipe maybe). Are there any mods done to your car?

Any autozone will read the code for free. Or buy a code reader from Walmart - get the best one they have, take it and use it in the parking lot then bring it back and return it when and if you don't want to keep it.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

Quote Originally Posted by DUB View Post
    What is the "story of aftermarket parts" they tell you. Your check engine light is most likely caused by the aftermarket parts the previous owner installed (uppipe/downpipe maybe). Are there any mods done to your car?
    The first day I test drove the car the light was on and he said it had to do with the cold air and it never did that before. He deleted the code right away.
    Second time after driving it home he said it was an aftermarket wire. The car has a blue and white wire on the passenger side that doesn't appear stock. Not too many mods on the car as far as I know. I've never owned a wrx before and I have very little to compare too.
    Third time and last time he said it could be a o2 sensor and the aftermarket wire.
    The car drives decent.. just annoying SES light..I'll try to get the code #.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.