Boost Problem!!!

This is a discussion on Boost Problem!!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just put on a boost controller on my stock turbo. I have all my EM, APS front mout intercooler, ...

Exclamation Boost Problem!!!

I just put on a boost controller on my stock turbo. I have all my EM, APS front mout intercooler, aps intake, perrin up and down pipe, and a perrin catback. thats all the mods I have as far as the engine.
    It was only boosting at .8 originally and thats why I put in the boost controller. When I turned up the boost controller I dropped to .7. I dont know what happened!!!
    What happened???

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

what are u using to measure boost ?

also was the car tuned ?
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Arrow

Im using the apexi boost gauge. I get on the freeway and floor it in foruth gear. No, my car is not tuned.
    Also, I would like to know when boost should peak????

my 03 same mods basically you have and un tuned, I peak and hold at 1.0 bar always have even when i bought the car before all the mods and boost controller. Try turning the adjustment up + and see if you cant hit 1.0 bar. If this doesnt work check the wastegate, check the vaccuum line and if all else fails get a vacuum hand pump from the auto parts store, put the vacuum line from the pump directly on the wastegate begin to pump untill vacuum is created 7psi or so then release and see if it fully opens and closes
    HAVE YOU SEEN ME?

same problem/ help

My subaru has got the same problem, when it reaches 0.8, the idle starts shacking, even press down the accelerater, the speed doesn't increase! some people say it is the problem with coil pack, some people say it is the problem with the air flow meter, as it sent wrong figuar to the ECU, so there was not enough petrol being sent through, so the car starts shaking and doesn't speed up.

Please help!!!

You all needed tuned for sure
    (business closed)

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    my stock 07 WRX peaks at just around 0.8bar. Is this a problem? I am surprised a stock 02 would peak at 1
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett