!!!!!nd help throwing engine codes*****
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on !!!!!nd help throwing engine codes***** within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; can some one help me i have major problems..... alright i just got this new car and im learning about ...

!!!!!nd help throwing engine codes*****

can some one help me i have major problems..... alright i just got this new car and im learning about wrx alot faster than intended haha
    well i got my check engine light about a 3 weeks ago it said it was my foward o2 sensor and cylider 1 and 4 misfire... so i change the 02 sensor and check my plugs looked like the engine was running lean casue the plugs looked a little white so i changed the plugs w denso iradiums reset the codes light goes out for a little bit and then comes back on says it is misfire on 1 and 4 still... so i switch the 1 and 3 ignition coils around to see if my misfire moves and it doesnt ...well i pull all my plugs and check everthing again and they all looked fin but the #2 still looked brand new and the #4 was darker than all the rest. the car barely holds and idle the rpms will drop all the way down and kill the car ... i took it to the dealer cause i didnt know what to do anymore and they told me to do a compression check or a leak down test is there a difference btwn the 2 and they said it may be the injectors if neone knows what might be wrong im open for suggestions

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ODJ
    Year?
    Miles?
    Mods?
    Mother's maiden name?
    UNSPOILT BY PROGRESS

Banned
    You seem thurough in your process. I don't know of anything more you could do.

it is a 2002 wrx wagon
    new perrin up pipe, down pipe
    full 3 in greddy exhaust
    perrin light weight pulleys
    new perrin radiator
    turbo timer
    turbo gauge
    turbo xs larger intercooler
    the guy told me that the turbo was aftermarket too but i dont think it is but im not sure what the stock turbo part number is i could prolly find out through all data

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mikemikeburke View Post
    it is a 2002 wrx wagon
    new perrin up pipe, down pipe
    full 3 in greddy exhaust
    perrin light weight pulleys
    new perrin radiator
    turbo timer
    turbo gauge
    turbo xs larger intercooler
    the guy told me that the turbo was aftermarket too but i dont think it is but im not sure what the stock turbo part number is i could prolly find out through all data
    You might want to search into people with light weight pulleys. Some times light weight throughs things off in the engine. I know people with lightened flywheels have problems.

ODJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Not-EWRX View Post
    You might want to search into people with light weight pulleys. Some times light weight throughs things off in the engine. I know people with lightened flywheels have problems.
    I too have read that lightened pulleys can lead to misfire CEL's (although I don't know why). I'm not sure exactly where I saw that, but it was on this forum somewhere.

If your turbo has been swapped with a larger one and you're still running stock injectors, that could certainly lead to running lean/misfiring.
    UNSPOILT BY PROGRESS

well the thing is when i first got the car it was running fine and the pulley and all the mods were already there... the car seems to be burning fine on the 1 and 3 but the 2 is running super lean like i put the plug in like 2 wks ago when i changed all of the m and the electroid still looks new and the 4 is black and has alot of carbon on it

I have the same exact problem, I just replace all four sparkplugs and four coil packs, the problem is still there. I'm thinking about replacing the MAF sensor to see if that the case, it look kind of dirty, so I cleaned it up with a cotton swap. The engine stop saying MAF, but the misfiring is still there.

i did all of those things as well and it took awhile because i checked my compression and it is about 100 120 psi on all cylinders and it is still my head gasket so watch out have it looked it for real casue it also might need a valve job as well im not sure though thats just something i have been told

I'll probably will have to take it in for either a valve or a gasket job, at this point I'm even putting the crank pulley back to oem.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemikeburke View Post
    can some one help me i have major problems..... alright i just got this new car and im learning about wrx alot faster than intended haha
    well i got my check engine light about a 3 weeks ago it said it was my foward o2 sensor and cylider 1 and 4 misfire... so i change the 02 sensor and check my plugs looked like the engine was running lean casue the plugs looked a little white so i changed the plugs w denso iradiums reset the codes light goes out for a little bit and then comes back on says it is misfire on 1 and 4 still... so i switch the 1 and 3 ignition coils around to see if my misfire moves and it doesnt ...well i pull all my plugs and check everthing again and they all looked fin but the #2 still looked brand new and the #4 was darker than all the rest. the car barely holds and idle the rpms will drop all the way down and kill the car ... i took it to the dealer cause i didnt know what to do anymore and they told me to do a compression check or a leak down test is there a difference btwn the 2 and they said it may be the injectors if neone knows what might be wrong im open for suggestions
    Clean MAF with CRC electronics cleaner. If its bad you will know. Don't watse any more money. Start saving for a good tuner.

Possible the IACV. Bad injector/ or injectors. If its saying misfire on 2 & 4 and didn't jump i say its tune related.

Misfire codes doesn't necessarily mean its not actually firing. But, the way its firing is less than ideal. Also, do you have an aftermarket intake?

What EM are you running and where do you live.

After re-reading. Your pulley is probably causing the CEL and the other issue i have no clue.
    Valve job? Do you hear a lot of tapping? Like hard clanking? The EJ205 makes a lot of tapping noises. But when you have a bent valve you can hear it clank pretty violently.

Also, call him (previous owner) and find out what injectors if any he is using and what type of EM. If you don't know if you have any probably Enginuity or none?
    Last edited by WRX_Fan_0717; 10-20-2007 at 12:59 AM.

yea i tried that but the car was bought at an auction from a used dealer so now im screwed on that

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.