Dimming dash light problem

This is a discussion on Dimming dash light problem within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I first noticed my dash illumination lights as well as the illumination lights for the radio and dash where ...

Dimming dash light problem

So I first noticed my dash illumination lights as well as the illumination lights for the radio and dash where out so i replaced the #12 fuse and it did the trick... lasted 2 days and they where out again...

Replaced it again and it only lasted one trip.. and l couldent find the problem nore the time to look into it further so for like a week ive been poping a new fuse in every trip that requires night illumination...

just the other day i noticed that the fuses blew almost immediatly and so did a 20A (it takes a 10A regulary)

Now even with a perfectly good 20A fuse (im outta 10A and using 20A just for troubleshooting the problem, ill grab some 10's in the morning) in the socket there is no lights!

Where should i check? any diagrams available for this? perhaps a common problem?

I could use any help at all really!
    Bugeye Mafia #125 - And Proud Of It!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

check all wires for a short
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Quote Originally Posted by rr1911 View Post
    check all wires for a short
    Are there diagrams available somewhere.. id imagine since there seems to be no power at all and the fuses arent being blown anymore.. but the illumination lights for dash, radio, and nobs all arent working then I can save some time by starting where all the lines come together as one...

that is if i explained that well enough

And can i visual tell if a wire is shorted out?

same problem

ya i have a 06 wrx and am having the same problems that you are with the dash dimmer lights did you ever figure anything out or find out how to tell if a wire has a short any info would be great thanks

hello, did you solved the issue?? my 2000 forester sti burns the number 12 fuse all the time

update

so i finely figured out that It was the Integrated Unit. I pulled it out from under drivers side dash, yanked out the ckt board and found a spot on the board that looked fried. I soldered in a jumper and put it all back together and whoalla! Dashlight

Guy over on nosioc had the same problem thanks to him