Failed Inspection for monitors "Not Ready"??? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Failed Inspection for monitors "Not Ready"??? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I did get this response on NASIOC from Uncle Scotty Originally Posted by Uncle Scotty ...try this one edit: ...I ...

I did get this response on NASIOC from Uncle Scotty

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Scotty View Post
    ...try this one

edit: ...I found the whole thing in a different section of the FSM...too big to post up...PM me if ya want all the subaru obdII readieness procedures....there are 6 total...quite elaborate
    But it would appear by the description that these all need to be completed in order and also with nothing in between... how can i do this?

If you look at the steps id need to pull over on the a road where i could not only stop but change speed from 40mph to upto 60 mph...

any can anyone confirm that this process will set my catalyst monitor?
    Bugeye Mafia #125 - And Proud Of It!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by kozloski
    Go to www.airchecktexas.com for details. It varies for different areas of your state but it looks to me that you can have two monitors not set as long as the CEL is out and there are no codes pending.
    upon checking out this site i found that my area can have upto two monitors "Not Ready" and still pass OBDII test...

I failed with 3 "not Ready" but i only have one (catalyst) that is not ready right now so I should pass the OBDII test!

Thanks to kozloski on OBDII Forums

Quote Originally Posted by kozloski
    Go to www.airchecktexas.com for details. It varies for different areas of your state but it looks to me that you can have two monitors not set as long as the CEL is out and there are no codes pending.
    upon checking out this site i found that my area can have upto two monitors "Not Ready" and still pass OBDII test...

I failed with 3 "not Ready" but i only have one (catalyst) that is not ready right now so I should pass the OBDII test!

Thanks to kozloski on OBDII Forums

I Support ClubWRX
    I believe this subject came up years ago when the staged upgrades were first entering the market. I seem to remember you had to cycle through 15 to 30 duty cycles (can't remember for sure), with a cycle being starting the car, bringing the car up to normal operating temperature, then shutting it off. I know you have to drive it at least once for those cycles. I do know that a few members had to wait about 3 days. A friend simply drove his car for about 15 minutes once each day for 3 days, and also started and stopped it in the driveway for about 10 min each time about 5 times a day. This worked. The folks that do the testing should be able to tell you exactly what it needed to achieve a ready status for all sensors/monitors.

Hopefully though, you've already got the solution and will now pass inspection.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

^^ thanks for the info

Luckly i did have it locked down and im now sporting my new inspection sticker

Mission accomplished thanks to the sharp guys on the ODBII Forums

I Support ClubWRX
    Kewl. Did you ever figure out how to go through the cycles and if so, can you post it up? Or did it not matter?
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07 View Post
    Kewl. Did you ever figure out how to go through the cycles and if so, can you post it up? Or did it not matter?
    It dident matter for me.. apparently you can have up to two monitors "Not Ready" and still pass in my area

I never figured out the cycle for certain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12