Air Conditioning Problems - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Air Conditioning Problems within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; yup its a leak I get the same sound but every 2 months or so exept that I have put ...

yup its a leak I get the same sound but every 2 months or so exept that I have put in 3 cans of the dye and I can't find the leak which leads me to believe that its on the evaporator which is located under the dash in the car. If that's the case you better do it your self becasue 300 buck will not covermore than 33% of the job, it will be around 1K to do the job at the dealer.
    MY LUG NUTS NEED MORE TORQUE THAN YOUR HONDA MAKES!!!!

Cobb Stg 2 helix up/dp combo
    Kartboy short shifter

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by subaru_crazy View Post
    yup its a leak I get the same sound but every 2 months or so exept that I have put in 3 cans of the dye and I can't find the leak which leads me to believe that its on the evaporator which is located under the dash in the car. If that's the case you better do it your self becasue 300 buck will not covermore than 33% of the job, it will be around 1K to do the job at the dealer.
    my friend who is a Subie tech said that Evaporators are the most common to go
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

Quote Originally Posted by D0WNxSH1FT View Post
    my friend who is a Subie tech said that Evaporators are the most common to go
    I see that you have dealt with your AC problem the easy route....change out the whole car , wow its been 3 months since I posted here. Anyways on the evap. my dad's dodge had an evap. leak and we changed it out our selves, the evap. is 150 bucks but its whole lot of work to get the whole dash off and its expensive on the labor part. Its not that hard, but it takes time and a lot of organizing to make sure you can put the thing back together right. I think the freeon is starting to get low and defogging is a PITA when you don't have AC, so I am thinking about doing this, this saturday, I will rip the dash out and see what's up. It has to be it becasue I put at least 4 cans of the green stuff and don't see a single leak on the engine compartament. The only thing that worries me is that in my dad's van we saw the dye on the exhaust vents and that gave a pretty good indication that it was the evap. but in my car the vents are clean. However unless I get to look at the thing I can't be sure, so I must do this sooner or later. I have to search for some instructions on the dash removal, hopefully it won't be too hard to take it all off.
    MY LUG NUTS NEED MORE TORQUE THAN YOUR HONDA MAKES!!!!

Cobb Stg 2 helix up/dp combo
    Kartboy short shifter

A used one for $100? Where? I'm new to buying stuff for my car. My ex used to do it for me and I'm a girl. The mechanic shop sees me coming a mile away.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.