First oil change please help

This is a discussion on First oil change please help within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I own 2006 subaru wrx manual with 16k miles. I been going to dealer for oil change, and they told ...

First oil change please help

I own 2006 subaru wrx manual with 16k miles. I been going to dealer for oil change, and they told me that I have to use pennzoils 10w/30 with subaru oil filter, they say I cant run syste oil because thin oil will get thru the ring and burn oil, and I cant use pureone becasue they dont have some kind of valve to hold the oil in the filter, and it will make a clank sound when ever I start the car. What are you guy recomment ? thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I don't know about that, many others and myself have been running Mobil1 for sometime w/out problems. Royal Purple is also highly recommended if cost isn't an issue.

I Support ClubWRX
    At this point in the game use whatever oil you like as long as it fits the warranty requirements. Check it often and maintain proper intervals.

Use OEM filters, get a new crush washer and drain plug if you are going to do them yourself or have another shop do the oil change.

Keep all your receipts for every oil change along with the filters in case you need warranty work.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"