Problem with BOV

This is a discussion on Problem with BOV within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey, earlier this week my car just began to run like crap, so i figured i might have a boost ...

Problem with BOV

Hey, earlier this week my car just began to run like crap, so i figured i might have a boost leak from a hose or something. So i went and got it checked out by a buddy of mine and he checked all the hoses and did a compression test for the hell of it. everything checked out ok but my blow off valve isnt so good. ive got an hks ssq bov and when my car started to run like crap the blow off valve wasnt giving the high pitch noise it is supposed to. it just sputters, and if not that it makes no noise at all. would it possibly be my bov making my car run like crap???

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yeah it could be, I had a BoV on mine and after that I didnt run my normal PSI, so I got rid of it put stock back on and now it runs fine
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #087
    Current: 06 WRX TR
    IEquus Gauges
    JDM SSQV BOV

Soon Stage 2 ^_^

yeah even with this hks on there sputtering and stuff i hooked up a gauge temporarily and it said it was boosting 14 psi so i dont know why im not feeling it pull at 3000 rpms