Huge turbo lag on stock turbo and not hitting full boost problems.. help

This is a discussion on Huge turbo lag on stock turbo and not hitting full boost problems.. help within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey. i have an 03 wrx and it has a catless turboback and a reflash from TurboTek (in PA). The ...

Huge turbo lag on stock turbo and not hitting full boost problems.. help

Hey. i have an 03 wrx and it has a catless turboback and a reflash from TurboTek (in PA). The reflash is supposed to be around 16 psi. Before the flash. the car was soooo laggy. it is ridiculous how such a small turbo can lag so much. What are some things that can cause my turbo to lag? I mean i have checked most of the lines for leaks and found none. I am aware of the small (pills) that are inside of the boost lines coming from the compressor housing to the wastegate and if they are not there,. the car will not hit full boost , but in my case , they are still there.I cant seem to find the air leak if there even is one.Is there a common spot where wrx's leak? i cant hear a leak anywhere either. All i am seeing is just under .05 of boost on my stock boost gauge. ITs so slow. can anyone help me figure it out? who has encountered something like this? thanks!
    04 Java STi- Stage 2

03 WRB Bugeye- TBE and intake. AP coming soon

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member...61_21_full.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

since it's tuned i'd go talk to TurboTek and see what they say
    Blobeye Syndicate #75
    2005 OBP WRX Sport Wagon
    Stewart Warner Boost & Oil temp gauges / OEM 20 mm rear bar
    Cobb stg 2 / STi uppipe / Crucial Racing downpipe
    Stromung 2.5" catless centerpipe / Scooby Sport New Age centre pipe & backbox

Quote Originally Posted by 68sprintb View Post
    since it's tuned i'd go talk to TurboTek and see what they say
    + 1
    i think they messed something up or ur boost guage is dead
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

I Support ClubWRX
    1. Check your wastegate solenoid.
    2. Check the wastegate actuating arm.
    3. Is your DP split stream? On some poor models, the wastegate can actually hit the split in the middle of the DP.
    4. Have a professional garage (or your tuner) do a vacuum hold test on the system.

With only .05 of boost and steady, I'd have to say the issue is in the tune, control, or mechanical. Otherwise it would be a fairly major leak.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

thanks for the replies. during my tune turbotek logged my runs and he told me it was very laggy and the car was only pushing out 9 psi.At the time i had a turboxs rfl. after driving it for abit we figured the bov was the problem that the boost was not hittting fully.I put the factory setup back on and still, the same thing. i than tried a turbo xs boost controller, eliminating the stock boost solenoid and the problem is still the same.with almost 80k. wat are some common leak spots on the bugeyes? I can hear the turbo and it is loud as hell like a trailer but its just very lagggy and not hitting full boost. TurboTek gave me the same flash he gave another customer and that car ran hard and had the same mods and boosted to 16-17. thanks alot for any help you guys can provide.
    04 Java STi- Stage 2

if it's still not making full boost with a MBC, it's almost definitly a leak. The good thing is, there's not many hoses/fittings to check on a Suby. Just check all the I/C plumbing and vac lines. a leaky I/C could even be the culprit.

unfortunetly ive had this same problem, but it was because of the show-off valve which i replaced cause im not an idiot anymore, SO if you an aftermarket bov that could be the problem
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #087
    Current: 06 WRX TR
    IEquus Gauges
    JDM SSQV BOV

Soon Stage 2 ^_^

people tell me that that turbo is shot? i dont see how it can be tho if it doesnt smoke and it makes boost, just not full boost.
    04 Java STi- Stage 2