Subaru WRX Forum banner

Subaru Keyless Remote Programming

5K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  grantmonster300 
#1 ·
I got my 2004 WRX with no keyless remote but I do know that the module is there cause when I lock all doors and close the doors, the car will chirp once.

So I got a used remote, the one with orange and blue buttons and tried to program it... with the following instruction taking care to unplug the battery 15 seconds and replug before programming.

Guess what... It just wont work :(

What do I miss in the procedure??

Thanks for any help!

--------

Unlock all doors, foot on brake, all doors closed. Cycle key quickly but carefully on-off appr 10 times until the car honks one time.
Do not turn the key far enough to start the car, just to the 'on' position so the dashboard lights up.

When the horn honks, open and close the driver's door, press any remote button and that's it.
Program another remote? Quickly open and close the driver's door again and push a button on the 2nd remote. That's it.

When you're done, remove the key and the horn should honk 3 times. You're all set.
Sometime it takes more than 10 on-offs to set program mode. Open/close the door, lock/unlock etc, wait 10 minutes, then try again

See less See more
#4 ·
I work at best buy, and if you talk to some of the installers there they can usually help you (if your local best buy has a car audio install bay). I had the same problem. I tried to get an extra remote except the compatability of there remotes sucks. You basically need the exact same type of remote that came with it.

If you know its compatable. Try best buy...its worth a shot (theres only one good guy that could do anything at the one i work at, so i dont know what you should expect)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.