So, to make a long, elaborate story short, I didn't realize the drain bolt was supposed to have a washer (since mine didn't, or at least not anymore [crush type, ftl]), and when I put the plug back on, it leaked. And when I tried to tighten it, it became even more loose and fell off (And yes, I tried tightening it left and right). As a result, 40-50 dollars worth of store-bought gear oil and precious, order-only redline lightweight shockproof spilled out onto the empty black asphalt canvas. Not a picture I'd recommend painting.

SO....

I'm *hoping* my problem is the washer, or rather a lack thereof. Anyone else with problems like this? I've read the owner's manual, searched this forum (along with NABISCO and Scoobymods), and read all the FAQ but I've come up with nothing. Can this be found at any hardware store or automotive shop like Autozone, etc.? If so, what size is it? I think the dealership is closed, and even if they weren't I couldn't really count on them to provide me with the right part. They're terribly ignorant nut jobs, and I'd like to avoid that route if at all possible.

Or....

If perhaps this doesn't sound like my problem, please, send some advice. I'll listen.