Blinking CEL

This is a discussion on Blinking CEL within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Yea... so I was driving home from eating at a restaurant and all of a sudden my CEL starts blinking ...

Blinking CEL

Yea... so I was driving home from eating at a restaurant and all of a sudden my CEL starts blinking on me and occasionally it'll just stay lit and then start blinking again. My car shakes like there's an earthquake and the car just runs like complete garbage. It feels like the car is about to explode. I pop the hood and EVERYTHING is shaking like crazy. I've checked bits and pieces of other threads and I know everyone is probably gonna tell me its misfiring and I'm going to get the code tomorrow but can anyone tell me if this is like REALLY REALLY bad? cause the car won't stop rumbling and it's scaring the crap out of me considering that ever since I got this car (used) i've already had to do an engine swap due to a blown motor, a new clutch, suspension, etc etc. I only have an exhaust and I just changed the o2 sensor recently. could an error in changing the o2 sensor cause this too? any help at all is appreciated and about how much do u think the damages will be

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

sounds like a misfire to me

Quote Originally Posted by nsvwrx View Post
    sounds like a misfire to me
    +1

for it to be shaking as violently as you claim im willing to bet you are going to have a tumble generator valve code...its not likely to have such a violent misfire..and as far as the o2 sensor..no it wouldnt violently misfire from that...it is possiblle but very unlikely you have a multiple misfire .if it is the tumble generator valve then its going to be a costly repair...aproximately 900 bucks anyway good luck
    New England F4

feel free to pm me with any questions..

got it checked out today it was a P0103. Mechanic told me it was about time the car got a tune up so he changed the air filter, fuel filter, and spark plugs. Car is running fine now :whew: