Slight clicking or almost a clunk???
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Slight clicking or almost a clunk??? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; From my F/L passenger side there is a slight clicking noise, When i change gears it kinda clicks...or i could ...

Slight clicking or almost a clunk???

From my F/L passenger side there is a slight clicking noise, When i change gears it kinda clicks...or i could be rolling along and then slightly put on the brakes and....Hello a click, its just bugging the S@*t out of me...

Any ideas?

Its a all Four chopper Cobba

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Can you try to be any more specific than that? Does the sound come from the transmission (below you), from the inside, glove box, outside? Anything else?
    "You may say the grill is ugly...but thats ok...you wont see it when your behind me"
    Hawk-Eye alliance #004

Rodgy that....Def not the transmission, its like the left front wheel somewhere? I know its around there. At times it sounds as though it's both the right and the left. Sorry if this sounds really stupid. I'll try to explain: When I'm like waiting at the lights or even just moving from the garage, I'll like slightly move forward and there it is. I dont have to like accelerate hard out, I just take my foot of the throtle a little bit. Also i can be rolling and then put the brakes on and the noise is there. Only when I like accelerate and slow down. Its weired because I thought it would be like the suspension or something, but i go over bumps fine with out any noise. But this accelerating and then stopping-noise is bugging me.

I accelerate-Click/...and then I Slow down-clicking also, and it's mainly from the Front Left passenger side. (Wheel Bearing? C.V joints) I'm not sure?

Please help

it could be just a wire that is loose somewhere. in my friends car when you put the brakes on it does a clicking noise like your blinker is on but its not. take it in somewhere and see if they can find it.

I Support ClubWRX
    Moving to General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Tutorials ...
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

do you feel the clinking in the pedals or shiftknob? that happened to me and then my clutch went out and subaru ripped a 1600$ hole in my a$$ for a new one.. i also take my car out on a lot of dirt roads.. cause it was built for that hey i dont like drag strips that much, anyway, there was a horrible clunking sound and i couldnt figure out what it was so i asked the guy at the shop to see if he had any idea of what it could be, and sure enough, there was a rock stuck between the backing plate and the rotor might wanna look there
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #087
    Current: 06 WRX TR
    IEquus Gauges
    JDM SSQV BOV

Soon Stage 2 ^_^

hey dude i know exactly what youre talking about with that clicking/clunking. mine does the same thing ive got an 02 wrx and it seems like its coming from my passenger side wheel well area but i have no idea what it is im getting it checked out this week so if they show me the problem i can let you know

Thanks for that...

I forgot to tell you that I had the Clutch done, and that was fine like $1200 later. But all went well, as for noise...All I no is that its below the engine passenger side and yes I do get the odd feel of a thud under my clutch...And Beleive it or not the Prick is now got a oil leak some where. And I can smell the oil burning, must be touching the exhaust or something cause I can see this like mist of air through the top vents.

Please DO!!

Quote Originally Posted by superwrx123 View Post
    hey dude i know exactly what youre talking about with that clicking/clunking. mine does the same thing ive got an 02 wrx and it seems like its coming from my passenger side wheel well area but i have no idea what it is im getting it checked out this week so if they show me the problem i can let you know

If you can do that, that would be great man!!! Hope its not a biggy, as I'm going to get a number of things checked like the Mechanic who did the Job (Prick) and have the rest eveluated...Hope all goes well.

gil
    Quote Originally Posted by superwrx123 View Post
    This is excellent ! I used the search and it worked ! Anyway I am having the same problem on my 06 wrx , only mine happens when I hit the brakes in reverse . It just started after I put on hawk hps pads . Hopefully when you get yours fixed that'll help me out . Thanks.
    With great power comes great responsibility

What a coincidence running across this thread. I'm having the same kind of noise at the passenger front wheel, but only when I turn the wheel at very low speeds. That same wheel is squeeking whenever I'm under 40 mph as well. It's a 2004 rex wagon, and I'm having it looked at this Friday.
    I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
    Blobeye Syndicate #311

Click/clunk

Yeah so I went andhadit checked out bymymechanicand hedidn't find anything wrong.Nothing on my rotor, pads, axle, calipers, nothing at all. I still heardit alot.Ihadto go and getnew tiresand when they put them on they buffedmybrakes with a wire spindel. This seemsto have helped as ionly hearthenoiseevery once in a while. But youknow what they say... you hear the noise-bad....noisegoes away-worse. bestof luck to you guys.

I know I'm bringing up an old thread but does anyone know what caused this problem? I'm getting the same thing in my bugeye... any help would be great!

Quote Originally Posted by wrXwootie View Post
    I know I'm bringing up an old thread but does anyone know what caused this problem? I'm getting the same thing in my bugeye... any help would be great!
    If you have the 4 pot calipers at the front, (AKEBONO) they have pins that hold the pads in the caliper, it could just be the pad moving around on these pins, Mine does it when applying the brakes sometimes.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.