Throw out bearing and clutch....?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Throw out bearing and clutch....? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just picked up an 02 wrx 2 weeks ago, and when I got it I noticed a slight chatter ...

Throw out bearing and clutch....?

I just picked up an 02 wrx 2 weeks ago, and when I got it I noticed a slight chatter in the clutch. It has gotten a little worse but not enough to really care. Anyway it only chatters when its cold. And I'm hearing a noise, I presume its the throw out bearing due to, when i push the clutch in it slowly goes away. sounds like a throw out bearing to me anyway, just seem awfully loud and seems like it takes a little long to go away after the clutch is depressed?!?!

any ideas? maybe the trans? could it be an aftermarket clutch? seems like once its warm its either on or off.

A 50 year old guy owned it before me and everything looks to be as if it has not been tampered with.

any ideas? i can get a sound clip if it would make it easier?!

thanks

Jerod

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

bump just because no one cares?

not sure about the chatter but the noise, do you hear it in neutral, 1/2nd gear at really low speeds without touching the clutch, then as soon as you put pressure on the clutch pedal the noise goes away? If so 90% chance its your throwout bearing.

Not sure about 1/2 gear but in neutral. I'm 77.5944% sure its the throw out bearing, however, NORMAL noise from a throw out bearing goes away almost instantly when the clutch is depressed, this noise has a tick to it as well (almost identical to injector tick) and a woosh. Anyway it all goes away when the clutch is depressed but it just seems to take longer than any other car with a bad throw out bearing.

don't know? kind of confused actually!

thanks for replying btw!!

Jerod

bump... because I can

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.